Coco Cay Question

Looking forward to our stop at Coco Cay on our upcoming cruise this summer. First cruise for my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids! The grandkids love the beach and anything to do with water. I was wondering about purchasing inexpensive blowup floats for the kids to enjoy. And also snorkeling equipment. My question is, is that allowed?

Thank you for responding.

Looking forward to our stop at Coco Cay on our upcoming cruise this summer. First cruise for my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids! The grandkids love the beach and anything to do with water. I was wondering about purchasing inexpensive blowup floats for the kids to enjoy. And also snorkeling equipment. My question is, is that allowed?

We bring snorkel equipment to Coco Cay every time.

I was looking forward to Coco Cay on a few cruises, but have yet to make it there due to weather... :mad:

That being said, IF Coco Cay has the same rules as Labadee, then yes I have seen both of those things in use by people @ Labadee...

Thank you Clarea! I havn't been to CoCo Cay yet... is it big enough for 2 ships or is that really crowded? That would be a minimum of 5k people there.

Some areas are crowded when two ships are there, such as the BBQ lunch area. However, you can still find uncrowded areas of the beach if you walk a bit.

We were at Coco Cay yesterday on our Majesty cruise. Absolutely beautiful, amazing day, the water was a good temp and we were able to walk pretty far out when the tide was out.

No problem taking snorkel equipment plus we saw several kids with small blow up toys so don't think it would be a problem, especially if you wait to blow them up when you get to the beach. We were packed in on the tender, not sure you'd want to carry them blown up!:D

Sherri:D

Don't get your hopes up, though. On our cruise last month the captain decided NOT to go to shore. According to another passenger on our ship, that made for 5 out of the previous 6 ships not porting there. IMHO, Royal either needs to remedy that situation, by constructing a dock, or eliminate that stop from their itineraries...at least during certain times of the year.

And, yes, I realize RCCL reserves the right to change whatever they want, whenever they want, blah, blah, blah... To me, when you have a higher probability of NOT making it to a stop than you do making it, that's misleading and irresponsible advertising.

Flame away.[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't get your hopes up, though. On our cruise last month the captain decided NOT to go to shore. According to another passenger on our ship, that made for 5 out of the previous 6 ships not porting there. IMHO, Royal either needs to remedy that situation, by constructing a dock, or eliminate that stop from their itineraries...at least during certain times of the year.

And, yes, I realize RCCL reserves the right to change whatever they want, whenever they want, blah, blah, blah... To me, when you have a higher probability of NOT making it to a stop than you do making it, that's misleading and irresponsible advertising.

Flame away.[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But cococay is RC own island so can't understand why they would not stop at this lovely little island.

live in UK love USA and Royal Caribbean Cruises.

But cococay is RC own island so can't understand why they would not stop at this lovely little island.

live in UK love USA and Royal Caribbean Cruises.

The captain may decide to cancel the stop if the weather makes it difficult or unsafe for tendering. We have made it 7 out of 9 cruises which I think is a pretty good record!:D

Sherri:)