D+ drink package discount

Here are two reasons that I hear:

I want drinks outside of the 3 1/2 hours of "free" drinks.

I want drinks that are not on the approved list.

It works for some people. YMMV

+1

I can also buy a good bottle of wine with 40% discount

I can get cappuccino freshly made

I can get fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast

I can get bottled water to take ashore

I can get glasses of wine with dinner

I can have soda in the Afternoon

I can have a beer with lunch

I can have a cocktail after dinner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

I can also buy a good bottle of wine with 40% discount

I can get cappuccino freshly made

I can get fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast

I can get bottled water to take ashore

I can get glasses of wine with dinner

I can have several sodas in the Afternoon

I can have a beer with lunch

I can have a cocktail after dinner

For only $45 a day I think I'll come out ahead. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have cruised a few times since the Diamond Plus discount started and I have taken advantage of it. Last month on the Navigator though I had to fight to get it. The 2 guys selling the package both said absolutely no discounts. But I knew that there was, so I had to get a bar manager involved and did get the discount. I know that the prices can change with the ship, date etc. We are sailing on the Harmony for Spring Break, March 25th. Yes, I know crazy, but it is a family cruise and between a teacher daughter and a grandson, it is the time we can all go! Do you think the package will be higher than normal? I have purchased the package online at 20% off and that was $48 a day plus 18%, so I know that is higher than what we did for the Serenade in October.

Just a thought, the extra 10% off won't kill me, but not sure if I should cancel the package now and just wait.

We have cruised a few times since the Diamond Plus discount started and I have taken advantage of it. Last month on the Navigator though I had to fight to get it. The 2 guys selling the package both said absolutely no discounts. But I knew that there was, so I had to get a bar manager involved and did get the discount. I know that the prices can change with the ship, date etc. We are sailing on the Harmony for Spring Break, March 25th. Yes, I know crazy, but it is a family cruise and between a teacher daughter and a grandson, it is the time we can all go! Do you think the package will be higher than normal? I have purchased the package online at 20% off and that was $48 a day plus 18%, so I know that is higher than what we did for the Serenade in October.

Just a thought, the extra 10% off won't kill me, but not sure if I should cancel the package now and just wait.

Supposedly, the online price you are seeing is tied to your onboard price. So your D+ price onboard should be 30% off rather than the pre-cruise 20% discount price.

Can you please tell me what you paid for your D+ discounted package on Navigator last month? We are cruising later this month and I am trying to figure out if it will be worth it to get the package. Thank you for your help!!

Can you please tell me what you paid for your D+ discounted package on Navigator last month? We are cruising later this month and I am trying to figure out if it will be worth it to get the package. Thank you for your help!!

We were on the 5 day cruise and I paid $226 and some change. But like I said, I had to fight with the guys selling the package!

Supposedly, the online price you are seeing is tied to your onboard price. So your D+ price onboard should be 30% off rather than the pre-cruise 20% discount price.

Thank you, then that makes sense $$$ wise. My husband was arguing with me, Mr. Accountant was trying to tell me I would save more than what I figure. I think it is about $40 or so. Not sure it is worth it if I have to fight to get it! But then again $40 could go towards my bottle of Rombauer I like! Decisions!

Perhaps a dumb question, but has the D+ discount been consistently rolled out across all of the ships? We're sailing on the Harmony this summer, and I've been debating whether to cancel my purchase (at 20% discount) and hope I can get a 30% on Board or not.

Perhaps a dumb question, but has the D+ discount been consistently rolled out across all of the ships? We're sailing on the Harmony this summer, and I've been debating whether to cancel my purchase (at 20% discount) and hope I can get a 30% on Board or not.

All the reports I've seen have mentioned a 30% discount for D+.

Seems like most are keeping the 20% off package booked and then confirming the 30% once on board and then cancel the 20 and buy the 30...

February 2017 NOS 9 nights total for the drink package as a D+ $408.87. It took the attendant at the drink cart a bit to confirm the 30% discount with a supervisor that he had to find, but I was happy to wait, I was on vacation!!!

We bought our packages before our jewel cruise as we could not get confirmation before we left on the onboard discount. Merrion mom was the only poster ( I believe that posted the letter from the anthem). Once we got onboard, our letter in the cabin showed 30% off the drink package. We would rather have bought on board to use obc. Looking at the harmony now and wondering same. Not sure why they don't just update the benefits on the website and be done for once.

We bought our packages before our jewel cruise as we could not get confirmation before we left on the onboard discount. Merrion mom was the only poster ( I believe that posted the letter from the anthem). Once we got onboard, our letter in the cabin showed 30% off the drink package. We would rather have bought on board to use obc. Looking at the harmony now and wondering same. Not sure why they don't just update the benefits on the website and be done for once.

Because they want to be able to change it whenever they want. ;)

Just off Harmony. Interestingly, the prior to cruise online sale was 20% off of $60, or $48 + grat, and my D+ price on-board was 30% off of $61, or 42.70 + grat. So a little pricing monkey business, but a better deal in the end. On-board discount was acknowledged at the first table I went to and I used my OBC. It was not, however, printed on the in-cabin D+ benefits sheet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Hi Little Britain.....Lots of cruises since our last encounter...do double stuff Oreos ring a bell..and your tips on the Galapagos...as you can see by my avatar, which used to have a nose, but the cc site update gave me a nose job...I did sail the Xpedition.:eek:

Actually not once but twice.

And hi BruinSteve...Mr. Wheel of Fortune(wasn't that it) from Ms. Match Game......toasting wine in Ensenada....

The years pass and we keep on cruising.....

I like my foo foo fruity drinks.....need a drink package for that......

Enjoy those drinks...L:Dri

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if the D+, 30% discount applies to all drink packages, or just the deluxe package?

Might vary by ship, but on the list I saw on Brilliance, it said all unlimited beverage packages.

I tried to get the discount on a replenish package on the Serenade and it was a NO. So we got no package. I know it had been sold pre cruise for $18/ day. So RCCL missed out cause we just didn't drink anything except in the lounge for free. I think it's strange they won't discount the other oackages. Maybe they think they can push people toward the drink package?

Hi Little Britain.....Lots of cruises since our last encounter...do double stuff Oreos ring a bell..and your tips on the Galapagos...as you can see by my avatar, which used to have a nose, but the cc site update gave me a nose job...I did sail the Xpedition.:eek:

Actually not once but twice.

And hi BruinSteve...Mr. Wheel of Fortune(wasn't that it) from Ms. Match Game......toasting wine in Ensenada....

The years pass and we keep on cruising.....

I like my foo foo fruity drinks.....need a drink package for that......

Enjoy those drinks...L:Dri

Double Stuff Oreos.....lol! Just trying to recall where we met?!

Do many bars on so many ships!

We did Galapagos in 2008 so it must have been before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk