Ventura N705 cut short

Malcolm142

Ventura was scheduled to be in Lisbon today but has missed it out and according to marinetraffic.com is due to arrive back in Southampton on Mon 6th March, a day early than itinerary.

I rang P&O who totally deny anything is wrong and Ventura is in Lisbon!! Their webcam says otherwise.

Can anybody throw any light on this? Has anybody heard of a mechanical problem or damage to fix.

I do have a vested interest in finding out as my friends and I are due to depart on her on Tues 7th March on N706, worried we might be delayed if there is a problem.

I do not know if it is related but every single excursion for all ports is now waitlisted for N706. There were none waitlisted a couple of days ago.

Oriana due at Mayflower at 6.30 on Monday and Ventura 4 hours later. Thats going to create havoc for car park operators and coach companies

CCFC Agree at 19 knots not engine related but it did go through a force 8 gale on leaving Cadiz yesterday.

I do not know if it is related but every single excursion for all ports is now waitlisted for N706. There were none waitlisted a couple of days ago.

Only 3 days to go and now past the time you can book on the CP. I think that 3 days is the cut off point for booking excursions, etc before departure

Should have looked in the booklet first :)

All excursions will be shown as waitlist 72 hours before departure. Should a waitlisted excursion become available, we will make a booking on your behalf and all charges will be applied to your on-board account.

This is on one of the P&O closed groups on Facebook

"the weathers not wonderful nor is the sea !Just sailed past Lisbon we re not stopping too rough!"

better news, hope we get a couple of rough days through the cruise, always livens things up a bit :) good to have different experiences.

Blimey, it must be rough seas to not be able to sail down the River Tagus! Very surprising.

Mind you, a day at sea, even if rough, for me would be a bonus - I love it when it's rough! :D

yep me too, had to wait until my second cruise for it to be a bit choppy. it was a formal night and as I was giving that a miss i planned to order room service and eat in the cabin. One drawback was it was so rough a lot of the older passengers didn't venture out for dinner and i was impossible to get through to room service. ;)

yep me too, had to wait until my second cruise for it to be a bit choppy. it was a formal night and as I was giving that a miss i planned to order room service and eat in the cabin. One drawback was it was so rough a lot of the older passengers didn't venture out for dinner and i was impossible to get through to room service. ;)

That is the only drawback to rough seas, nearly everyone orders room service.

When we were on Arcadia crossing the BofBiscay on our way to the Caribbean we had a Force 11. Extremely rough and hardly any passengers went to dinner, we were one of the few. Apparently room service deliveries were taking at least 1 and a half hours(!) to be delivered.

That is the only drawback to rough seas, nearly everyone orders room service.

When we were on Arcadia crossing the BofBiscay on our way to the Caribbean we had a Force 11. Extremely rough and hardly any passengers went to dinner, we were one of the few. Apparently room service deliveries were taking at least 1 and a half hours(!) to be delivered.

i tried for nearly 2 hours to get through on the phone and then gave up.

Would it be usual to get rough seas on TA crossings? We are booked for October, leaving Southampton then onto Madeira then across to Caribbean.

Don't think I'd cope very well in a rough crossing 😥😂

Sent from my PLK-

Edited by shakey999

Would it be usual to get rough seas on TA crossings? We are booked for October, leaving Southampton then onto Madeira then across to Caribbean.

I wouldn't be the best person in dealing with rough seas 😥😂

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Forums mobile app

Don't want to upset you but October is mid hurricane season in the Caribbean with the high winds crossing the Atlantic. Been there and have the T shirt, never again. Best time is Christmas through to June, while July August and September can be iffy. Sorry!

Don't want to upset you but October is mid hurricane season in the Caribbean with the high winds crossing the Atlantic. Been there and have the T shirt, never again. Best time is Christmas through to June, while July August and September can be iffy. Sorry!

I'm sorry that was your experience. We sailed on Discovery last year, on a re-positioning cruise from Palma via Cartegena, Madeira on to Antigua and it was just like a pond for the whole cruise - perhaps we were just lucky. We thought that th end of the Hurricance season was November?

Ah don't worry, I'll still be going anyway it wouldn't put me off lol!

Think I need to mentally prepare myself, was on a cruise about 9 years ago with a couple who told me about the time they were on the bay of Biscay - let's just say I think I would be scarred for life. They said everyone was confined to their rooms for x amount of days etc. Not even sure if our itinerary passes through there or not, if anything it'll just be an excuse for an extra bottle of wine if the seas are rough!

Ah don't worry, I'll still be going anyway it wouldn't put me off lol!

Think I need to mentally prepare myself, was on a cruise about 9 years ago with a couple who told me about the time they were on the bay of Biscay - let's just say I think I would be scarred for life. They said everyone was confined to their rooms for x amount of days etc. Not even sure if our itinerary passes through there or not, if anything it'll just be an excuse for an extra bottle of wine if the seas are rough!

Hey, just enjoy, you never know with the weather, as dun123das says, it could be like a millpond.

Left out

Does anyone think that the next cruise might have extra sea days? I am wondering about additional Black Tie evenings.

Regards John

I don't think so. The weather with a high pressure taking over Iberia at the end of next week should mean we get good conditions.

Have you known previous cruises alter the number of black tie evenings to change from the original schedule?

I don't think so. The weather with a high pressure taking over Iberia at the end of next week should mean we get good conditions.

Have you known previous cruises alter the number of black tie evenings to change from the original schedule?

The longest number of consecutive sea days I have endured without stopping at any port is eighteen. They do not do black tie evenings on Star Clippers. I was just thinking if next cruise Ventura has to run at reduced speed they have got to fill out the evening programmes somehow. Captains Cocktail evening sometimes seems to move with high seas.

Regards John

This is on one of the P&O closed groups on Facebook

"the weathers not wonderful nor is the sea !Just sailed past Lisbon we re not stopping too rough!"

In south, west or southwest, 6 to gale 8. In north, west 7 to severe gale 9, occasionally storm 10 perhaps violent storm 11 later.

<li class="state">Sea State

In south, rough or very rough. in north, very rough or high, becoming high or very high later.<li class="weather">Weather

In south, rain or showers. In north, rain or showers.<li class="visibility">Visibility

In south, good, occasionally poor. In north, good, occasionally poor.<li class="visibility"><li class="visibility"><li class="visibility">Shipping forecast for Fitzroy, Biscay up to F10, probably trying to outrun the worst, not just a matter of sailing up the Tagus bit also berthing in high winds and/or getting off berth in high winds plus the estuary is rather narrow at seaward end

In south, west or southwest, 6 to gale 8. In north, west 7 to severe gale 9, occasionally storm 10 perhaps violent storm 11 later.

<li class="state">Sea State

In south, rough or very rough. in north, very rough or high, becoming high or very high later.<li class="weather">Weather

In south, rain or showers. In north, rain or showers.<li class="visibility">Visibility

In south, good, occasionally poor. In north, good, occasionally poor.<li class="visibility"><li class="visibility"><li class="visibility">Shipping forecast for Fitzroy, Biscay up to F10, probably trying to outrun the worst, not just a matter of sailing up the Tagus bit also berthing in high winds and/or getting off berth in high winds plus the estuary is rather narrow at seaward end

AIS has her destination as Cherbourg , she passed Cape Finisterre around 01/0200