Opinions On Best Snorkeling

Raxter54

So, DW and I are booked on the Sunshine, going to Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk. I want to go snorkeling at one of those ports. Which one of the three provides the best snorkeling experience? Loved the snorkeling at Tabyana Beach, would like to have something similar, or better. Opinions?

Of those 3, I have only snorkeled at Grand Turk. Was not the best snorkeling I have seen (Belize I liked the best, with Buck Island(St. Croix) second).

Have always heard that the ABC Islands are very good for snorkeling/diving. Got to be better than GT.

Grand Turk does, however have a deep wall just off the coast line. Got to snorkel around the edge of the wall (about 20 -25 ft of water and see some fish and coral, but not the most clear water. High light of that snorkel was after we were done at the wall, the guides took us in close to the shore to an area about 12-15 ft of water where 3 nurse sharks (londest about 5 1/2 ft) were swimming around a rock at the bottom. Got to swim down and touch the sharks. Very cool. My 75 year old Mother-in-law could not dive down, so the guide brought the shark up for her to pet.

Not sure what time you are in port but we just went to Arashi Beach when we were in Aruba a few weeks ago on a HAL cruise. The snorkeling was good there. The cab was $25 to Arashi. There are no cabs up there to come back. We took the local bus back to the port. We didn't snorkel in Curacao as the good beaches could be between 45 minutes to an hour away.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

:pDo White Sands Snorkeling in Grand Turk with Captain Donovan. Make sure you do the three stop. They have a website. Just a short walk down the beach to the left of the pier, They are under the tent.

It will be the best combination of everything: reef, wall and stingrays and you will likely play with stingrays and touch a shark. Been all over the Caribbean and White Sands is the best by far. In Aruba now on the Pride. Not close to Grand Turk in quality of snorkeling.

Not to be missed.:p