Question on Central Park and Boardwalk staterooms on Oasis of the Seas

New to RCCL and considering booking one of these rooms, either balcony or just the view. The big factor in making this decision will be knowing whether or not there will be a lot of noise from the Central Park or Boardwalk. Can anyone give me some insight? Thanks in advance

More noise from the Boardwalk, especially during Aquatheater shows. Central Park is quieter, though if you get a higher deck, you can sometimes hear noise from the pool deck.

We had a Central Park balcony and really liked it - yes during the day there were times that the music from the pool deck was loud but not often. We were on the 12th deck. Then at night there was live classical music from 7 to 10 - we loved it. Have even booked the same cabin for December.

Stay away from all the balcony in facing cabins. No privacy, zero. No point in even paying for a balcony when u must keep curtains closed. Pay the extra and get an ocean view balcony. Plus the whole point of taking a cruise is to see the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stay away from all the balcony in facing cabins. No privacy, zero. No point in even paying for a balcony when u must keep curtains closed. Pay the extra and get an ocean view balcony. Plus the whole point of taking a cruise is to see the ocean.

I must have missed that memo.:eek:

I have not been either a CP or Boardwalk cabin but it seems like there are enough people who do like them.

I must have missed that memo too! If I just wanted to see the ocean, I'd save a ton of $$ and go to the beach. There is a lot more to cruising than seeing the ocean IMO

With my diamond discount I can quite often book a neighbourhood balcony for the same price or cheaper than an Oceanview or inside. The extra to go to an Oceanview can be $200 to $400 per person, I'll keep my neighbourhood balcony.

We just had our first Boardwalk balcony on the Oasis this past week. 12729. Noise was our biggest dislike. I knew/understood that we would have noise during shows, but even at night while trying to sleep it was noisy. We had one night when they had left the music playing on the boardwalk, maybe johnny rockets, all night long. On the night of the white party there were quite a few instances of people yelling on the sports deck, not even where the party was taking place.

We had no issue with privacy. Closed the curtains while sleeping and changing, but the rest of the day it was open. If someone wants to sit and stare at us, they need to find better use of their time. [emoji23].

We enjoyed the soda package and johnny rockets perks as well.

Probably wouldn't book another Boardwalk though.

My inlaws had a Central Park during this same cruise and had no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went on a family cruise in June last year and we had the (adult) kids in the 3 person ocean balcony room and my husband and I had a Central Park balcony room. We were on deck 10. My biggest complaint with the Central Park balcony was lack of a breeze when sitting out there during the day. I did enjoy the music at night, but the lack of a breeze made it pretty hot out there. Maybe there is a breeze higher up, but not much of a breeze on 10.

Exactly and with Oasis class stationed in the warm and picturesque Carribean who would not want an ocean view balcony.

love sailing with RCCL

Exactly and with Oasis class stationed in the warm and picturesque Carribean who would not want an ocean view balcony.

love sailing with RCCL

I would assume that the people who book the inside cabins, oceanview cabins, central park and boardwalk cabins are booking them for a reason.

I book the boardwalk and central park balcony's because they are unique and can't be found on any other class of ship.

YMMV

Bill

I would assume that the people who book the inside cabins, oceanview cabins, central park and boardwalk cabins are booking them for a reason.

I book the boardwalk and central park balcony's because they are unique and can't be found on any other class of ship.

YMMV

Bill

TBH people usually book these cabins because they are cheaper.The carribean is a lovely area best admired sitting on your balcony when you sail into port.

love sailing with RCCL

There is no one reason to cruise. The WHOLE point is to see the ocean? I too must have missed that memo. We have had a couple of balconies and they were nice enough, but we only book them if the price difference is minimal. There is too much going on (and I suspect on an Oasis class ship it will be even more true) for me to sit on my little balcony and stare at the water. We found we were spending no more than maybe 15-20 minutes a day on our's. We have booked one of the boardwalk balcony staterooms furthest aft on Oasis so we should have a partial ocean view. Very excited to try something new.

It seems oblivious to some that there are cruisers out there that cannot afford an OV balcony every time they cruise. The price difference between OV and BW on our next oasis cruise was substantial, especially for the two rooms we need. We are very pleased to try the BW aft balcony rooms this time! I'm not concerned about the privacy. If we need privacy, we will close the curtains. I don't plan on spending my whole day in the room anyway. I have stuff to do!

Different strokes--when I first sailed Allure in 2011 I was very excited to get a CP balcony since it was completely different from any other ship besides her sister. I thoroughly enjoyed that first experience and subsequently booked another CP balcony for the cruise this year and then back in the same cabin on deck 10 on Harmony next year. Of course my experience is on a whole ship charter where people watching is a professional sport but I do not miss the "ocean view" one bit when I'm in a CP balcony because there are many places I can go to relax and enjoy the water which also have drink service! Sitting in the Windjammer as we come into port early in the morning to me beats being alone on my balcony since I have food and coffee! And one advantage over ocean views is that I can monitor the lines at the CP eateries like Park Cafe and easily see if it's a good time to grab something--not so easy if you're looking at the ocean!

I have sailed all classes of RCCL vessels. I have had oceanview/promenade/ balconies(most of the time) and I have booked a Boardwalk for the first time. I booked last cabin before the Aqua Theatre on deck 9. All indications are I will be able to see the ocean. Just a different view. I think there are plenty of tucked away areas that afford wonderful views of the ocean.

I recently booked our 6th Central Park Balcony on Allure for September. We have had many ocean view balconies, but love the uniqueness of CP. It's a great place to people watch during the day and nothing beats enjoying a late night glass of wine with your sweetie listening to the music and watching the lights in the trees twinkling. It's very romantic! ;)

There is no one reason to cruise. The WHOLE point is to see the ocean? I too must have missed that memo. We have had a couple of balconies and they were nice enough, but we only book them if the price difference is minimal. There is too much going on (and I suspect on an Oasis class ship it will be even more true) for me to sit on my little balcony and stare at the water. We found we were spending no more than maybe 15-20 minutes a day on our's. We have booked one of the boardwalk balcony staterooms furthest aft on Oasis so we should have a partial ocean view. Very excited to try something new.

Try early morning breakfast from room service and sit on your balcony eating breakfast as you enter a new port most days,now that's why I prefer an oceon view.

love sailing with RCCL

It seems oblivious to some that there are cruisers out there that cannot afford an OV balcony every time they cruise. The price difference between OV and BW on our next oasis cruise was substantial, especially for the two rooms we need. We are very pleased to try the BW aft balcony rooms this time! I'm not concerned about the privacy. If we need privacy, we will close the curtains. I don't plan on spending my whole day in the room anyway. I have stuff to do!

Why go for a balcony if you are not going to spend a reasonable time sitting on your balcony?.

love sailing with RCCL

We will use the balcony to watch the shows and maybe sit out before or after dinner for a little people watching on the BW. I think the balcony just opens up the space whether you're sitting out there or not. Our kids will be next door and will get use out of it too. Just personal preference!

We sailed Oasis April 2011 and had BW 10329. We loved it so much we are booked on Allure BW 10329 this April. A lot of people will say that noise is an issue, this is obviously a personal preference. We never found noise to be a problem morning, day or night. We have never worried about our curtains being opened or closed either. If someone has nothing better to do than try to see into my cabin... From an Aft view balcony you can see the ocean, AquaTheater, BW people watching, etc. Now that the BW and CP rooms come with a few parks that is nice too. As some folks have said, an OV room is great (we have had those sailing another line), but there is just something really great about this experience only available on a few ships!

We were on the Oasis mid January in a CP balcony. It was a last minute cruise with a great deal. We have stayed many times in a Boardwalk balcony and always found it fun. We never felt it was too noisy.

This last cruise convinced us we'll not be booking a CP balcony again. It was LOUD during the day. All of the activities on the upper deck with music, Zumba, line dancing when giving instructions to these activities made it truly unbearable to sit out on the balcony to read or relax and enjoy it. We could not be out on our balcony and even talk to each other it was so loud. Very disappointing and annoying. Evening times were fine and the music in Central Park was nice.