World Class Bar

QuakerBoy

We just finished a two-week southern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse, and went to World Class Bar about three times. Two years ago, again on Eclipse, we frequented Molecular Bar, almost every day. Our own experience is that Molecular was much better. Better, more interesting, more varied, tastier drinks, and better service. The one drink my wife really wanted required dry ice, which they didn't have the entire two weeks. Another night multiple people waited over 20 minutes after the bar was supposed to open. A manager was flagged down who made a call, and a few minutes later the bartender showed up. Didn't apologize for being late, didn't put out any menus, and had to re-make a drink or two that was returned as sub-par (not by us). Like I said, that was our own experience. I hope others had a better time there.

PS: Decor basically the same, same bar, same tables, a bank of TVs all showing drinks being made. The set of bottles and jars of flavorings was smaller from what I remember from the Molecular Bar.

Edited by ItzRav

Just the opposite experience for us. Previously we seldom enjoyed the Molecular Bar, but enjoyed the World Class Bar almost everyday. We enjoyed the drink selection more.

You will need to try it yourself and see what you think. From our experience it is unusual to see either bar very busy which is part of the reason we enjoy it.

We just finished a two-week southern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse, and went to World Class Bar about three times. Two years ago, again on Eclipse, we frequented Molecular Bar, almost every day. Our own experience is that Molecular was much better. Better, more interesting, more varied, tastier drinks, and better service. The one drink my wife really wanted required dry ice, which they didn't have the entire two weeks. Another night multiple people waited over 20 minutes after the bar was supposed to open. A manager was flagged down who made a call, and a few minutes later the bartender showed up. Didn't apologize for being late, didn't put out any menus, and had to re-make a drink or two that was returned as sub-par (not by us). Like I said, that was our own experience. I hope others had a better time there.

PS: Decor basically the same, same bar, same tables, a bank of TVs all showing drinks being made. The set of bottles and jars of flavorings was smaller from what I remember from the Molecular Bar.

I had pretty much the same experience on the Eclipse in November. It tried most of the drinks, there were a few I didn't like at all and others I thought were ok. I wasn't wow'd by any of them. To me, the world class cocktails seem to be the old classics with a minor tweek. Where as the Molecular cocktails were completely unique, I much preferred the old Molecular cocktails.. I used to go to the Molecular bar every night. After a few nights at the World Class bar trying all the drinks I was done.

If you like the old classic cocktails, I think you like the new World Class bar.

We enjoyed some of the cocktails that the Molecular Bar offered but never really like the ambience of that area on Solstice. It's cold and empty. That hasn't changed and we didn't find one cocktail that tempted either of us on the World Bar menu on our recent Solstice cruise so didn't go there at all.

We also really enjoyed the drinks offered at the Molecular Bar due to their complexity and uniqueness. On Reflection last month we tried almost everything at the World Class Bar and were disappointed. We both felt as though the drinks were not nearly as complex and tasted mostly just like the alcohol they were made from. I think another poster said it best when they stated they were like classic cocktails with a minor twist. That said I also agree that everyone should try them and make up their own mind.

The other thing that kind of stuck out to me was it seemed like the World Class Bar is a commercial for Diageo and all their brands. X used to have to pay Junior the creator of the Molecular Bar for the use of the drinks in addition to having to purchase some of the ingredients directly from his company. Now it seemed more like X may be getting paid to have the World Class bar on their ships.

If you are looking for interesting cocktails we thought Sushi on Five had some good ones. Luminae also has some good options if you are in a suite.

Just curious.....how does the new World Class Bar compare to the old Molecular Bar? Similar or totally different menu? Is it the same decor, or did they change it?

On previous Solstice cruises we really appreciated the interesting and complex Molecular bar and enjoyed evening imbibes..However on last months cruise we unfortunately tried to experience the so called "world bar" very limited offerings. A totally different concept and for us a total let down not only with the choice of offerings but in the apparent bar staff lack of interest..May we try?...sorry only the bar menu choices are available...wot

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious.....how does the new World Class Bar compare to the old Molecular Bar? Similar or totally different menu? Is it the same decor, or did they change it?

Badly... very badly!!

There are a couple of similar drink/styles but imho it's nowhere near as good, a lot of the WCB drinks are more hard liquor drinks imho!

Loved the molecular bar a lot [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Badly... very badly!!

There are a couple of similar drink/styles but imho it's nowhere near as good, a lot of the WCB drinks are more hard liquor drinks imho!

Loved the molecular bar a lot [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely agree [emoji41]very articulate for a Gooner [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hmmm... i'm interested to try the world class bar.

we found the molecular bar drinks to be way too sweet for us and often only took one or two sips before discarding them.

i'm more interested in classic cocktails without a lot of sugar added, so it sounds like it will be up my alley.

we found the molecular bar drinks to be way too sweet for us and often only took one or two sips before discarding them.

i'm more interested in classic cocktails without a lot of sugar added, so it sounds like it will be up my alley.

Agree! Can't wait to try in April

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I love the World Class bar. I only liked 1 drink at the molecular bar and at least 4 at the World Class. Like someone said, if you enjoy the classics and drinks that are not too sweet, you will like WC. Try the Zacapa Old Fashioned! And once the bartenders get to know you they treat you really well, creating things off the menu based on what you like as long as stays within the classic drinks. It was pretty crowded in my last Equinox sailing.

We really enjoyed the World Class Bar on Reflection. The Zacapa Old Fashioned was amazing, and they had an amazing selection of single malt (and, of course, JW) whisky. It felt like a real whisk(e)y bar, which is my favorite vibe. I confess I despise vodka fruit bombs (which they did have on the menu) but on our cruise, the folks hanging out at the World Class Bar were all classic cocktail/whisk(e)y drinkers.

Can anyone confirm that (most of) the drinks at the World Class Bar are still covered by the premium beverage package? It seems like the last menus I saw showed ALL of the drinks being at least $2-3 more than the premium package limit, with a few being $5 over (that I'd expect wouldn't be covered)

Can anyone confirm that (most of) the drinks at the World Class Bar are still covered by the premium beverage package? It seems like the last menus I saw showed ALL of the drinks being at least $2-3 more than the premium package limit, with a few being $5 over (that I'd expect wouldn't be covered)

Yes most of the drinks are covered by premium Package,there was one drink that made from whisky that I like and cost $15.00

I just paid the different and charged $2.36.

We enjoyed some of the cocktails that the Molecular Bar offered but never really like the ambience of that area on Solstice. It's cold and empty. That hasn't changed and we didn't find one cocktail that tempted either of us on the World Bar menu on our recent Solstice cruise so didn't go there at all.

Can you tell me where the World Bar is on the Solstice? We are sailing on the Solstice first time (any S class ship for that matter) in May and want to be sure to have a looksee.

Thanks,

Pat (and Paul)

Here are my two cents, but probably only worth one cent because DW and I are not the people World Class Bar is aimed at.

To clarify - I am a craft beer or good Scotch and splash of water guy. DW is white wine or Vodka tonic. On Cruises we do like to experiment with cocktails. DW will go down the menu trying a new one each night. I will have Manhattan or Whiskey Sour - two oldies that I rarely have at home.

We drank at WC once on recent Reflection cruise and found the drink to be OK - Zappa Old Fashioned - but bar was cold and empty and barman pretty surly. Went by another night but only four bar stools were occupied so we did not stop.

Can you tell me where the World Bar is on the Solstice? We are sailing on the Solstice first time (any S class ship for that matter) in May and want to be sure to have a looksee.

Thanks,

Pat (and Paul)

It's on deck 5, just forward of the midships elevators.

The art gallery no longer shares that space, it is a Tiffanys store instead.

Our favourite bars were the Martini Bar on deck 4 or the Ensemble Bar aft on deck 5 for pre-dinner drinks, and the Passport Bar on deck 3 for an after dinner drink. We also loved the Sky Lounge for a late afternoon cocktail.