Sunshine 8 Day Menus from the 2/24 sailing

flagmom

Thank you so much flagmom for posting these. I know the effort it takes to bother to take the pictures while you are on your vacation, then the time it takes to post them when you get home and life gets in the way! So many people on these boards have been looking for these. I really appreciate you doing it.

I would love to hear about your cruise if you have time to share. We sail in 4 weeks. Also, do you happen to have the one page entertainment schedule? I would love to get an idea of what that looks like, particularly if they have 5 pm comedy shows.

Thanks again!!!

Momin05, you are very welcome! I knew I was not the only one looking for the 8 day American Table menus before we sailed, so I wanted to share for those who were interested. I will be posting some photos and comments about the cruise in the next week or so, and I do have the one page entertainment schedule that I will try to scan for you tomorrow. I brought home all of my Fun Times too if any one is interested in seeing those.

There is no way I am going to be satisfied with the chicken parm I was planning to make for tonight's dinner! :( Oh, I LOVE cruise food! :DHave had the popcorn pot de creme. Sounds weird, but it's very good. I have never seen Michigan Pasty on a menu. (day 4 app) Wonder what that is like. :confused:

Momin05, you are very welcome! I knew I was not the only one looking for the 8 day American Table menus before we sailed, so I wanted to share for those who were interested. I will be posting some photos and comments about the cruise in the next week or so, and I do have the one page entertainment schedule that I will try to scan for you tomorrow. I brought home all of my Fun Times too if any one is interested in seeing those.

Oh, thank you, that is awesome! I would be interested in them, but it seems like a lot of trouble to post the fun times. I would be happy with just the one-page entertainment schedule. I look forward to hearing about your cruise!

Day 7 - Sea Day (2nd Elegant Night)

Day%207%20apps%20and%20mains.jpg

Day%207%20desserts.jpg

I thought day 2 and day 6 were elegant nights?

Is it day 2 and day 7 as elegant nights?

I am trying to plan my Steakhouse and Cucina nights and want to make sure we are in the MDR for the 2nd Elegant night.

Your response is appreciated. Thank you, so much!

So sorry I made a typo on my original response. The two elegant nights were Day 2 and Day 7 on this itinerary.

Friday - set sail

Saturday - sea day (elegant night)

Sunday - Grand Turk

Monday - San Juan

Tuesday - St. Kitts

Wednesday - St. Maarten

Thursday - sea day (elegant night)

Friday - sea day

Crusin Karen, the Michigan pasty was very similar to the chicken patties from the Grand Turk port of call menu, only filled with a beefy mixture instead of chicken. I didn't care for the Michigan pasty, but the chicken patties were delicious! Definitely try them. Also, the smoked chicken quesadilla app on the first night is really good.

Here is the one page entertainment schedule for the week. FYI Jackson Rayne is a magician. We went to his free Magic Workshop on the last sea day, where he taught the audience a couple of card tricks. I wish we had gone to his show earlier in the week, as he was quite good.

entertainment.jpg

I thought day 2 and day 6 were elegant nights?

Is it day 2 and day 7 as elegant nights?

I am trying to plan my Steakhouse and Cucina nights and want to make sure we are in the MDR for the 2nd Elegant night.

Your response is appreciated. Thank you' date=' so much![/quote']

Days 2 & 6 are on seven day cruises. Since this was an eight day cruise, it was days 2 & 7. The last night is a great night to go to a specialty because it's a great way to end your cruise and IMHO, day 3 is the weakest in the MDR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Can you still get the pasta dish on the "main" list as an appetizer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That was not listed on the menu as an option, as it used to be on the old menus. However, your server would probably be able to accomodate you on that. For example, a couple of nights we sat next to tables where the diners requested and were served regular tossed, garden salads with choice of dressing rather than the salad choices that were on the menu.

By the way, most evenings we each tried 2 different appetizers, and a couple of nights my husband ordered two entrees because he wanted to try something new. I really liked the way our servers brought each dish individually rather than try to fit several plates on the table at once. For one thing, there's no room since the American Table leaves the water carafe and bread basket on the table during the entire meal. Also, as soon as you finished one dish, they set the other right in front of you--no waiting. So you could certainly eat a pasta entree, or part of one, as an appetizer by doing this.

So sorry I made a typo on my original response. The two elegant nights were Day 2 and Day 7 on this itinerary.

Friday - set sail

Saturday - sea day (elegant night)

Sunday - Grand Turk

Monday - San Juan

Tuesday - St. Kitts

Wednesday - St. Maarten

Thursday - sea day (elegant night)

Friday - sea day

Thank you so much. This helps me tremendously. I am trying to plan out my Cucina, Steakhouse and MDR reservations.

And THANK YOU so very much for taking the time to post the menus. We all really appreciate it.

Thank you for posting the entertainment schedule. I am glad to see 5 pm comedy shows and 8:30 PG shows. The 7:30 shows are hard to make. Thank you also for the heads up on the magician. We love magic shows and it isn't obvious from the schedule that it is a magic show!

You have been so helpful, thank you so much.

Thank you for posting the entertainment schedule. I am glad to see 5 pm comedy shows and 8:30 PG shows. The 7:30 shows are hard to make. Thank you also for the heads up on the magician. We love magic shows and it isn't obvious from the schedule that it is a magic show!

You have been so helpful, thank you so much.

I should have said it is hard to make the 7pm show. It makes for a rushed early dinner, even with ATD. We sailed Sunshine last year on a 4 day out of Charleston and they just did not seem to have a regular schedule. Limited show times. Everything just seemed frantic, maybe because it was a non standard itinerary. We are hoping for a much more relaxed schedule this time and having several comedy show times to choose from certainly helps wirh that.

Crusin Karen, the Michigan pasty was very similar to the chicken patties from the Grand Turk port of call menu, only filled with a beefy mixture instead of chicken. I didn't care for the Michigan pasty, but the chicken patties were delicious! Definitely try them. Also, the smoked chicken quesadilla app on the first night is really good.

Thanks! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...