Toiletries onboard

where to next?

Afraid not, just shampoo, shower gel and soap... Maybe buy a bottle of Nivea or similar at the airport Boots, therefore saving luggage weight, not much more expensive than on the High St?

Thanks. I have plenty of luggage allowance and take my own toiletries unless something more luxurious is supplied.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

We sailed in an Aurea suite on the Divina in December. The bathroom had one small round bar of hand soap and the typical shampoo and body wash in the pumps in the shower. No extra toiletries.

That is definitely disappointing to hear...

• 1 year later...

i cruised on msc opera in oct 2016 and they had shampoo and conditioner dispensers mounted on the bulkhead in the shower area. v handy and good quality too! saves a few grammes on the luggage front!

i'm going on msc magnifica on 30 jul. can i expect the same anyone Please?

• 1 year later...

I'd like to know if Fantasia has separate shampoo and conditioner dispensers, or just shampoo, or one of those combined products. I usually bring my own conditioner, but if it is a combined product I will have to bring shampoo as well.

It's also Bring Your Own TISSUES! It seems like fleet-wide from Fantastica rooms on down, there's no more tissues in the rooms.

This was implemented on the Meraviglia prior to sailing but seems (based on reviews) to have spread to Seaside and Divina as well. This likely means MSC has decided to institute this policy fleet-wide. What a dumb way to cost save. I really wish the CDC tracked the number of respiratory illnesses and not just norovirus. You'd see how quickly MSC reverses course on this dumb decision.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Friends of ours as well as ourselves had tissues three weeks ago on the Seaside. Had to ask cabin steward for them but they were provided. We were all in Bella balconies.

Meraviglia repositioning cruise we asked for them and were told they were not giving them out anymore only to discover Aurea and YC folks had them right along.

1 hour ago, CruisinMaterial said:

It's also Bring Your Own TISSUES! It seems like fleet-wide from Fantastica rooms on down, there's no more tissues in the rooms.

This was implemented on the Meraviglia prior to sailing but seems (based on reviews) to have spread to Seaside and Divina as well. This likely means MSC has decided to institute this policy fleet-wide. What a dumb way to cost save. I really wish the CDC tracked the number of respiratory illnesses and not just norovirus. You'd see how quickly MSC reverses course on this dumb decision.

There was some discussion about this several weeks ago.  The answer seemed to be that people were using tissues as toilet paper, and clogging the system.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

There was some discussion about this several weeks ago.  The answer seemed to be that people were using tissues as toilet paper, and clogging the system.

I believe that was conjecture on the part of a poster here. It sounded reasonable at the time, but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that it is a cost-cutting measure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic. I rarely use toiletries provided on a cruise, in a hotel, etc. I like to use my own products since I know that they work for my hair and skin. I pack my own shampoo, lotion, soap, etc. I guess people with sensitive skin or unique hair types can relate. The last thing I want during vacation is to deal with the consequence of using a toiletry/personal care product that doesnt agree with my body.  One product does not fit all types of people. Interesting topic indeed. But, I do agree with the questions about tissues, lol. Thats funny. But, I always travel with those as well. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 2