New to Board

vicky2jeff

hello everyone my name is Vicky I'm from Exmouth Weatern Australia. I am Married with 2 sons 13 years and 10 years.

I have been on 2 cruises before. They were both with Disney. In 2013 we did a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy bringing on the initial love of wanting to cruise. In 2015 we went for round 2 but this time we ss the 14 day Panama Canal Cruise on the Disney Wonder . One of the most amazing things I have even seen!! Most of the people we met on this cruise are going again this April but unfortunately money restraints stopped us from going. We are now coming good with finances and we are ready to go again.

We are looking at doing a Fremantle, Western Australia to Sydney going around New Zealand. I'm very excited with the prospect of doing this cruise.it just looks so stunning!!!

So hi again and hoping to make some new friends here and some great info and tips

From you all xxx

Welcome to Cruise Critic Vicky! I remember when our kids were in that age category we only got to cruise once a year or every other year. Now that they're grown we go 2 or 3 times a year. We leave in 21 days and have three more booked after that. We hope to do the Australia, New Zealand trip in the future.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Vicky! Starting out on the Disney Fantasy was definitely setting the bar high. I was on her in 2012 and she is a beautiful ship. Disney cruises have the best shows that I have ever seen on a ship. Did you happen to see Aladdin onboard? Amazing.

You might be slightly disappointed in the entertainment on other ships but the prices are much easier on the pocketbook than Disney.

There is lots of excellent information here on Cruise Critic. I had been on a number of cruises before joining but have learned far more in the five plus years I have been a member.

Hope your cruise around New Zealand works out. Be sure to join your roll call (or start one if necessary) when you book.

Best wishes,

Kathi

Welcome. You will find tons of useful information here on CC. You will also find many happy and informative people. Unfortunately you will find some cranky, judgemental and downright nasty posters. Ignore the last bunch and take them for what they are worth. Some anonymous loser sitting at a computer posting comments that are hurtful and mean because they think no one will every figure out who they are.

There are individual threads of ships, ports and just about everything you can think of to look up. There is a section called "roll calls". Once you book your next cruise (or just figure out which one) you can join your roll call and talk to others about everything from what the ship is like or even share some tours with them. Just a fun thing to do. Some love it and some hate it. I, of course, walk on water LOL.

Thankyou for all your welcomes!! Yes I believe and have been told many times that all the other cruises may not make me as happy as a Disney one .. lol.

I'm just desperate to get cruising again..:-)

We are planning on going with Celebrity. The solstice to be precise..:) It's cost effective for this cruise as we will only need to get return flights from Sydney.

Although we live like 1300 kms from Perth, flights cost a small fortune on top of the price for the cruise .

Royal Carribean also does this cruise, which is just a little dearer.