Princess shuttle from Vancouver cruise port to Seattle airport

Makin'n'Bacon

My apologies if this has been asked before but does Princess offer a post cruise shuttle from Vancouver cruise port to Seattle airport?

We will be flying the day after the cruise so no rush to get to the airport to catch a flight but we will probably stay at a hotel by the airport. Our options flying out of Vancouver are to limited and more expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I know there is Quickshuttle. I probably will book this option, as my Princess rep only gave me an option of Lax to pier, and when I get to Vancouver, she did not mention an option to Seattle. Also there is an option of the train. Beautiful views. We are taking the train up on another cruise on the Emerald Princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My apologies if this has been asked before but does Princess offer a post cruise shuttle from Vancouver cruise port to Seattle airport?

We will be flying the day after the cruise so no rush to get to the airport to catch a flight but we will probably stay at a hotel by the airport. Our options flying out of Vancouver are to limited and more expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Usually yes. We have taken it in both directions a few times. The last being from Vancouver to Sea-Tac.

It was $48pp and required flights to be after 2pm if I remember correctly. It left around 9:00am and arrived at Sea-Tac around 1:00ish.

It usually cannot be booked until you are onboard and sometimes they do not offer it. So its best to check at the Passenger Services deck asap during the cruise.

As stated there is Quick Coach as well....

http://www.quickcoach.com/

If you are able to manage your luggage and get the skytrain to Pacific Central station, you could take Bolt Bus. If you book in advance you can often get pricing that is insanely low (one time I snagged the $1 fare!). It drops in Downtown Seattle, not the airport, but is a great bus with free wifi!

We have the Princess transfers booked for July 15th. We were able to book in advance. Plan on staying in Seattle for a couple of days and play tourist. I think it was $69pp.

Depending on what time of year you are crossing the CAN/US border, it can be as few as a5 minute wait or as long as two hours or more. Make sure you fill up your fuel tank before queing up.

Also, there's an app for that.. Check CBP web page https://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/mobile.asp?action=n&pn=3004 to get info. Weekends are notorious in the summer!

Depending on what time of year you are crossing the CAN/US border, it can be as few as a5 minute wait or as long as two hours or more. Make sure you fill up your fuel tank before queing up.

Also, there's an app for that.. Check CBP web page https://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/mobile.asp?action=n&pn=3004 to get info. Weekends are notorious in the summer!

Not for the coach.

We did the shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver through Princess. Booked it in advance. Worked out great.

We also did the Princess transfer and booked it before the cruise.

At the border crossing, the driver collected all of the passports and brought them inside a building to get the clearance to crossover into the USA.

• 3 months later...
We have the Princess transfers booked for July 15th. We were able to book in advance. Plan on staying in Seattle for a couple of days and play tourist. I think it was $69pp.

Since you are staying in Seattle a couple days did you consider taking the train? It's a beautiful trip from Vancouver to Seattle on Amtrak Cascades.

The reason they don't allow flights before 2pm when they offer the Canada Place-SEA transfer is that the Truck Crossing (where buses clear) can also get hideously backlogged. I've been on the eighth coach in a line of thirteen. It's unpleasant.

My preferred method is to rent a car, *especially* if everyone in the car has Global Entry (via NEXUS, GE or SENTRI membership, with their card in hand). Richmond, BC, on the way to Seattle has an amazing Asian food culture. The Chuckanut Drive between Bellingham and Mount Vernon is gorgeous. There's an excellent ice cream shop with locations at Blaine and Ferndale. These are things you miss herded into a coach with 48 people. It's a pleasant drive and traffic is usually pretty manageable by big city standards. You would be able to do the Future of Flight/Boeing Factory Tour, see Deception Pass, or hit some wineries before you got to the airport - really, another full day of vacation.

While the Alamo/Enterprise/National at the pier is convenient I often rent from the Avis on Hornby, and sometimes it pencils out to rent from the airport - it all depends on the date of travel. One strategy is to book a rate you can live with, and then keep checking up until an hour before pickup. I've had Airport locations go as low as CAD$20 to get cars back to Seattle.

While I agree the Amtrak offers a beautiful ride, the timing after a cruise is not all that convenient and the one you would probably schedule in the late morning around noon is actually a bus and not the train.

In addition, you still have to get to the train station in Vancouver ... not quite as easy with luggage ... and then from the train station in Seattle to your hotel. It works much better when taking the train to Vancouver for a cruise than from Vancouver when disembarking.

I second the recommendation for Quickcoach. They are timely, convenient, pick you up right at the port and believe they even have some drop off points in Downtown Seattle as well as SeaTac.

They have your names so they even know to wait for you if you are held up getting off the ship ... to a reasonable extent, that is. I disembarked in Vancouver once where the process was delayed by a couple of hours. The bus, since it had to wait for everyone ... not just me .. was out there waiting despite the late disembarkation. The buses are clean and have a rather clean bathroom to boot. They help you with their luggage and there is usually an express bus straight to SeaTac and one with stops down in Seattle and possibly in Bellingham. You will have to go through customs at the border and they help to make it relatively simple! Prices range from $41 - $59 depending on where you are being dropped off and senior / military fares.

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2017 at 3:44 PM, Bethcb said:

We did the shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver through Princess. Booked it in advance. Worked out great.

Did you have to call the number to book it or could you do it through their site?  Will be doing a cruise this summer and want to get all info. way before then.