HELP! 2 day bermuda stop worth it?

I am leaving from NY and wanted to see if the 5 day cruise with the day and 1/2 at port is worth it?

The cruise seems short and I'm not sure how much stuff can be done in Bermuda in just that amount of time.

You can't do everything in Bermuda in that amount of time, but it's better than only 1 day! Overnighting in Bermuda is one of my all time favorite cruising visits. It's a gem that is overlooked far too much by many cruisers.

I am leaving from NY and wanted to see if the 5 day cruise with the day and 1/2 at port is worth it?

The cruise seems short and I'm not sure how much stuff can be done in Bermuda in just that amount of time.

Hard to determine "worth" without knowing the cost. What's the cost of the cruise?

Five of our seven cruises have been on Royal Caribbean. The other two were with Norwegian from NYC to Bermuda. I could always get a balcony stateroom on Norwegian (7 nights) at the same price as a balcony stateroom on Royal (5 nights). To me, the choice was simple and I went with Norwegian. That said, we are going on our third cruise to Bermuda this June and it will be on Anthem for the 5 night cruise. I just want to sail Anthem so badly that I am willing to go 2 less nights. I did book an early June cruise instead of our usual July/August. I saved $1500 for 4 people by taking an earlier date. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bermuda, so I would vote the 7 night cruise over the 5 night cruise unless like me, you have a strong desire to sail Anthem. We liked Norwegian very much and had no issues - we just prefer Royal slightly more.

Have never been to Bermuda but thinking we may (next) summer (2018).....but from those of you who have been, you sound like you love it......since I don't know / not familiar, what do you love about it? Used to the Caribbean, so would love to hear all about your trips!! :)

Have never been to Bermuda but thinking we may (next) summer (2018).....but from those of you who have been, you sound like you love it......since I don't know / not familiar, what do you love about it? Used to the Caribbean, so would love to hear all about your trips!! :)

Beautiful island with very friendly and helpful people.

Bermuda has a very British influence and feel. This is nortjust a beach destination! Be sure to take the transportation pass for whatever number of days you will be there. Easy and efficient. Taxis are VERY expensive and not really needed with the public transport available. We took the fast ferry from King's Wharf to St. Georges on our second morning. Walked all the way to Tabacco Bay and all over town. Took the bus back across the island to the Hamilton ferry back to the Wharf. What a great way to tour the island on that bus ride back!

Bermuda has beautiful weather, pink sand on picturesque beaches, a PGA Golf course, rum swizzle drink, snorkeling, museums and has great transportation with their buses and ferries.

is this your first ever cruise?

if so then bermuda should be your first, it was mine and i loved it. definitely dont do bahamas for your 1st ever cruise.

however i had 3 days off the Breakaway in bermuda and this shortened cruise you mentioned above costs close to the same as my 8 nite cruise on anthem in december so i admit, i choose the bahamas. i'm banking on the anthem being a better cold weather ship and also celebrating a birthday :)

you definitely need to plan if you go to bermuda. i want to try helmet diving since i missed it last time due to weather. i cannot prioritize for you just to say i enjoyed swizzle in and tom moores jungle and the caves.

DH and I had the good fortune to go to Bermuda last year on the Anthem (5 nights ---- too short!) As we had never been there (amazing with all of the traveling we do) I wanted to do a tour with someone who was really connected to the Island. After researching we found Heidi Cowen. (I am not sure I can post her website here but you can do a google Heidi Cowen Bermuda to find her.) She is 6th generation Bermudian. Many generations of her family ran the lighthouse and she grew up in the house right next to it....She picked us up - mini van - and we had a really wonderful day...beautiful things to see, great walking and a fish sandwich on raisin bread in a lovely park (an amazing sandwich!) Heidi's travel partner is her sweet little dog Buddy (born blind). We saw Heidi the next day by chance in one of the stores near the dock. I stayed in touch with Heidi as I was so concerned about their safety during one of the last hurricanes. (Lots of water damage, a time with no electricity, internet... but they were safe.) DH and I felt as if we had made a new friend.