Bar Hoping near Holiday Inn Downtown?

bahama_mama2015

Looking for a few bars that we can bar hop the night before our cruise....

Any certain area where there are a few right next to each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would assume you mean the Holiday Inn Downtown Miami?

You have lots of bar over at Bayside which is right across the street from the Holiday Inn. There is Bubba Gump, a German place, Hooters etc.

If it was me, I would head over to Brickell. We have lots of bars over here and lots of great happy hours. All within walking distance. At Mary Brickell there is Fado's Irish Pub, Brother Jimmy's, the bar at Toscana Divino is a nice happy hour. Blue Martini, Burger & Beer Joint, Rosa Mexicano, Taverna Opa, Balens. They All have bars and happy hour. Perricones, Batch Gastro Pub, Red Bar, Sugar Rooftop bar, River Oyster, 3 new restaurants at Mary Brickell, Dolores but you can call me Lolita, etc. Blackbird Ordinary...

These are all within steps of each other!

A few options, but for a bunch in a small area the two options would be Bayside or Mary Brickell area.

Bayside is more touristy, has the frozen drink type bars, often live music, you can take a seat and enjoy the view of the marina. There are also often night cruises around the bay and they will have cash bars on the boats.

Brickell is more like a strip of bars you would find in a city. Tons of options, primarily along S. Miami Ave. You can take the metromover there from College/Bayside Station to either 8th Street or 10th street station in Brickell. 8th street station allows you to stop at Brickell City Centre and go to Sugar, its on the roof top, amazing views, get there early or lines will be LONG. Other bars should be fine to walk in and out of. Blackbird Ordinary is one of the most popular bars in towns for locals. Not sure what time it opens, but it gets busy around 12am. Most places won't be too busy until about 11:30pm-12am with the exception of the few roof top bars.

A few options, but for a bunch in a small area the two options would be Bayside or Mary Brickell area.

Brickell is more like a strip of bars you would find in a city. Tons of options, primarily along S. Miami Ave. You can take the metromover there from College/Bayside Station to either 8th Street or 10th street station in Brickell. 8th street station allows you to stop at Brickell City Centre and go to Sugar, its on the roof top, amazing views, get there early or lines will be LONG. Other bars should be fine to walk in and out of. Blackbird Ordinary is one of the most popular bars in towns for locals. Not sure what time it opens, but it gets busy around 12am. Most places won't be too busy until about 11:30pm-12am with the exception of the few roof top bars.

I love the views at Sugar but the service is always a bit off. And they are VERY picky about who they let in late at night.

Blackbird's happy hour goes from 3 pm through 8 pm so I assume they open at 3 pm.

Brickell Citi Centre also has The Big Easy, Tacology and Pubbelly sushi right there. Quinto is also at the East Hotel and has a pretty bar.

You have lots of bar over at Bayside which is right across the street from the Holiday Inn. There is Bubba Gump, a German place, Hooters etc.

If it was me, I would head over to Brickell. We have lots of bars over here and lots of great happy hours. All within walking distance. At Mary Brickell there is Fado's Irish Pub, Brother Jimmy's, the bar at Toscana Divino is a nice happy hour. Blue Martini, Burger & Beer Joint, Rosa Mexicano, Taverna Opa, Balens. They All have bars and happy hour. Perricones, Batch Gastro Pub, Red Bar, Sugar Rooftop bar, River Oyster, 3 new restaurants at Mary Brickell, Dolores but you can call me Lolita, etc. Blackbird Ordinary...

These are all within steps of each other!

Like literally across the street? Couple minute walk?

Like literally across the street? Couple minute walk?

The Bayside Bars are all in the same "mall"

The Brickell Bars are all near each other, some are across the street, others are a 3-5 min walk. South Miami Ave you will be walking by a different bar/restaurant every 100feet. Mary Brickell Village, a complex there has bars too all next to on another.

We went to Sugar Monday night and the views were off the chart amazing! Wow!

Brickell City Center has got to be the coolest mall in the US right now.

Also bar hopped River Oyster and Blackbird Ordinary.

Brickell City Center has two hours of free parking.

We went to Sugar Monday night and the views were off the chart amazing! Wow!

Brickell City Center has got to be the coolest mall in the US right now.

Also bar hopped River Oyster and Blackbird Ordinary.

Brickell City Center has two hours of free parking.

I wish I would have known you were coming!

I'm not sure how long they are going to keep the 2 hours of free parking. It's a temporary thing to try and get business in.

I've got some questions about Las Olas and rentals so I'll have to email you.

I wish I would have known you were coming!

I'm not sure how long they are going to keep the 2 hours of free parking. It's a temporary thing to try and get business in.

I've got some questions about Las Olas and rentals so I'll have to email you.

I was going to email you and then we got tied up!

Email me at Jo Jo Siesta Key at g mail dot com

Spent three nights in downtown Miami two weeks ago post-cruise. Did Brickell and Bayside. Brickell far more interesting for me as most of the bars at Bayside are franchise type places you can find anywhere in the country. You can take free MetroMovers to both locations.

The best bars we found, however, were in Little Havana and Wynwood (sp?). Walked to Wynwood from downtown and took UBER to Little Havana. Not sure if I would want to be walking around Wynwood at 1:00 in the morning, but there are lots of people out and about at both locations. Great Cuban dinner at Versailles in Little Havana!