Is it too late to get the RCI Credit Card?

My TA put a 24 hour hold on a cruise for me this afternoon. We are sailing May 21, so full payment is due by tomorrow afternoon.

I'm thinking the current bonus might make it worth getting the credit card, but I'm not sure if we will have time to get the card and earn the bonus in time to get an OBC.

Does anyone know if I get approved immediately online, will they give me the card number so that I can use it immediately to book my cruise, or will I need to wait for the card to come in?

Also, when are the bonus points added? When I make the first charge, the end of the first statement period after I make my first charge, or some other length of time?

How long does it take to turn my points into an OBC?

Thanks so much.

Bonus points show up at the end of the first or second billing cycle. You can redeem points up to around a week before the cruise, but I suspect you won't have the points by then.

Bonus points show up at the end of the first or second billing cycle. You can redeem points up to around a week before the cruise, but I suspect you won't have the points by then.

Thanks. I decided to not bother with this. It does sometimes take a while for that first billing cycle or two to get rolling.

• 2 months later...

I found out about the RCCL Visa and bonus points in April. Just in time.

I think I applied for the card April 13. Didn't even get a confirmation email and applied again April 21.

around May 6th or so, I got TWO Visa cards on the same day.

I used both of them and charged over $1000 each to get the max bonus points.

18859 points on one card and 18578 points on another card. I paid off all the credit cards and the RCCL Reward site showed each card as pending for the points and 0 points avalable.

Billing cycle ends 9 June. Today (June 8), I got all the points available and redeemed them for $150 OBC each. Each visa card now has over 3000 points remaining. wish I could combine them and redeem OBC.