Texting on Reflection

JahHaus

Can someone with more tech savvy than I have help me know if I can text for free as part of my Unlimited WIFI? I feel as if I should know, but am not sure...laugh to yourself, and, then answer...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have an iPhone and are texting to another iPhone you can use iMessage and it is not a SMS text messsage so it is free. There are some other messaging apps that are also free that work with wifi and the internet and not cellular systems. Just be sure to put your phone in airplane mode to avoid the ship's cell system. Once you go into airplane mode you will likely have to back and turn on wifi and bluetooth again...

If you have an iPhone and are texting to another iPhone you can use iMessage and it is not a SMS text messsage so it is free. There are some other messaging apps that are also free that work with wifi and the internet and not cellular systems. Just be sure to put your phone in airplane mode to avoid the ship's cell system. Once you go into airplane mode you will likely have to back and turn on wifi and bluetooth again...

You can just turn of cellular usage as well, to make it a once step process.

Can someone with more tech savvy than I have help me know if I can text for free as part of my Unlimited WIFI? I feel as if I should know, but am not sure...laugh to yourself, and, then answer...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are at home and use and iPhone to text another iPhone; they will automatically use iMessage if internet is available. Any other phone to phone texting (android to iPhone; android to android, etc) will use SMS texting. SMS texting is what your cell provider includes in your plan. If you have no cellular service, you can still text iPhone to iPhone over the internet via iMessage. Any other internet based texting will require a special app (don't have one myself but can google that).

So, not a stupid question. If you don't want any additional charges, once sailaway gets going put your phone in airplane mode, then turn wifi back on. You'll be able to text like you normally do if you are texting iPhone to iPhone. If you want to text a non iPhone or if you have a non-iPhone you can download an app or use Facebook messenger, email, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums