On the Dream now and not so dreamy..could

jkneern

We sailed on the Dream on the second cruise after dry dock. I thought the ship was spotless. I usually cruise out of Galveston and I must say the embarkation as well as the debarkation was the fastest and smoothest I have ever seen. No complaints here for the port of NOLA or the Dream.

I do understand your frustration especially when you plan to get on the ship early and you have to sit and wait. If the gangway issue is a common problem then shame on Carnival or whoever is in charge of it to not pay the money needed to fix it for good.

The toothpaste in the sink is really a non-complaint. You stated that there were several hundreds of passengers waiting to disembark so that would obviously delay the cleanup process. If they told you that your room was ready and you went and saw the toothpaste then you would have a legitimate complaint there.

since the ship was delayed I wonder what time the pax had to vacate the cabins. Isn't it usually around 8 or 8:30am?

Bill

I was on the debarking cruise. My cabin was just above the replacement gangway. We were told the regular gangway broke during some high winds the night before. The ship was notified around 3 in the morning, so all types of rearrangements had to be made. The substitute gangway is only 1 person wide and all of the folks leaving with their luggage and those in wheelchairs needed to have help going down this steep gangway on level 1. Normally debark in New Orleans starts around 6:30. It didn't start til almost 8. We were on Deck 2 and put our luggage out the night before. We weren't called until 10AM, and we were still in our cabin since we couldn't get to a public place to wait. Too many people in the hallways and stairwells for us to even attempt to get an elevator.

What the OP didn't know is that this trip was total full with all of the kids out for mardi gras. There were probably 4000 people who needed to go single file down that ramp.

Toothpaste in the sink isn't the end of the world.. nor is delayed embarkation.

Toothpaste in the sink is disgusting! :o It immediately sets the mind to wondering what else hasn't been cleaned/changed, etc.

Sorry, I want a cleaned cabin when I embark. Period.

Hopefully your review ends up being more positive since your cruise is starting so terribly already. Toothpaste in the sink isn't the end of the world.. nor is delayed embarkation.

So, topics for discussion should be limited to things that ARE a prequel to the "end of the world?"

If so, posts are about to get pretty scarce around here.

Well the dream is not what I expected. Have always loved Carnival but just seems to be going down hill. We boarded Dream on Sunday and boarding was delayed due to a broken gangway.

Dirty ship is a problem, but it is likely that Carnival has nothing to do with the gangway. Maintenance and operation is the responsibility of the Port Authority.

I'm not making excuses for carnival but could the delay in passengers getting off which in turn cases a cascading effect on the crew being able to clean where otherwise would be empty?

My thoughts exactly. In any case, I hope you brought it to the attention of your cabin steward.

I just left the Dream as well. The gangway issue and deceased passenger may not be the fault of Carnival BUT the total chaos in the drop off area is. There was inadequate communication and a few signs and a bull horn would have gone a long way in keeping passengers informed.Disembarking was not fun either. Carnival did give everyone $20 on your ship card.

We sailed on the Dream on the second cruise after dry dock. I thought the ship was spotless. I usually cruise out of Galveston and I must say the embarkation as well as the debarkation was the fastest and smoothest I have ever seen. No complaints here for the port of NOLA or the Dream.

We were on the same cruise. Likewise had no problems and found the ship spotless.