Who gets the OBC?

I have a question regarding OBC. If I were to book an excursion, and then use Carnival's best price guarantee and get OBC, would the OBC be divided equally among everyone in the room?

The best way to think of it is, it's a coupon. The amount of OBC comes off the cabin bill at the end. That's how I think of it, anyway.

I'm not sure about OBC from shore excursions never had that but when we have cruised with OBC if it is from the promotion we booked under ($25 per person) it lists it individually when you look at their Sail and Sign account. Same for when we get OBC for port taxes etc. We cruise with 2 cabins one for kids and one for us so everyone is under my account with the kids having a limit on their spending. When I have looked at the account while on board it shows the overview listing everyone spending and OBC. I was able to go into each persons account and look at it to see how much OBC each person had. In the end the OBC not used by the kids was applied to the main account.

If you set up individual accounts for charging then the OBC is given to the person who is entitled to it.

OBC generated from the shore excursion best price guarantee would in fact be a credit, since the excursion has already been paid for.

Typically OBC is divided evenly amongst the first two passengers. That's the way it works with promotional obc and obc from price drops. Not sure the excursion credit would work the same way. Regardless, you can move it around as you wish IF you wish - once onboard. Just go to guest services.

I have a question regarding OBC. If I were to book an excursion, and then use Carnival's best price guarantee and get OBC, would the OBC be divided equally among everyone in the room?

I used the guarantee this past summer on a Carnival excursion in Barbados. IIRC, the credit was given to me. But, as someone else pointed out, it does not really matter if it is a combined bill.

I used the guarantee this past summer on a Carnival excursion in Barbados. IIRC, the credit was given to me. But, as someone else pointed out, it does not really matter if it is a combined bill.

Ahh okay thanks. We are all separate, and if we got the OBC, it wouldn't be fair if it all went to me. As someone pointed out, I can just have it transferred to everyone equally at Guest Services

I'm remembering more exactly what happened. Although DW and I were doing the excursion, I was the one who booked it for both, and it was therefore billed to me. Since it was billed to me, the credit towards it was also credited to me. Makes sense.

I did this just recently and the email confirmation I received said the credit was "per person."

I think they are saying that each person on the excursion reservation gets the credit. But, it is still logical that the OBC goes towards the person who is being charged for the excursions.

If you booked through carnival yourself or use a PVP you can call and have Carnival change the amount each person gets.

For example we had 2 people in a cabin but one of them paid less then the other so we had the person who paid more for the cabin get more of the OBC.

It was very easy to do.