Anthem OTS - Royal IQ app

is it really worth it? if everything has been pre booked or reserved why would I need it?

Does the messaging work at all?

Sounds like that this app is a hit and miss at times.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Newbie to RCL leaving Cape Liberty on Mar 12 :D

I found it very useful even though I had prebooked everything. I used it to reschedule a few dining reservations, book the iFly and North Star for a second go around. The daily planner is on there as well so if you forget the paper one you've still got the schedule.

The app is free for everything but messaging, so .I'd say it's "worth it".

+1.

Even without the messaging, we used it a lot. Especially booking dinner when we were told there were no more spots! That was pretty sweet.

The only bad thing- for the shows that you are allowed one reservation, once you see it, you can't book it again. But you are not supposed to anyway, so it's as if you stood in line, regardless.

Very handy.

• 2 weeks later...
$7.95 per device per cruise.

Sooooo...we don't need to buy any internet package if we (family of 4) just want to be able to text each other on the ship correct? This is a much cheaper option. MUCH cheaper!

Can we use the app if our phones are on airplane mode?

Sooooo...we don't need to buy any internet package if we (family of 4) just want to be able to text each other on the ship correct? This is a much cheaper option. MUCH cheaper!

Correct, as long as you are on Quantum class or Harmony, you can use the Royal IQ App for texting, in Airplane Mode, without buying an internet package.

Yes, you put your phone into airplane mode and then enable wifi for the Royal IQ app to work. If your group is on two reservations, you can link them so you can see everyone's cruise planner in yours. You will also be able to make reservations for all too.

Yes, you put your phone into airplane mode and then enable wifi for the Royal IQ app to work. If your group is on two reservations, you can link them so you can see everyone's cruise planner in yours. You will also be able to make reservations for all too.

Thank you. We do, in fact, have 2 reservations so I will need to do this step.

The app is free for everything but messaging, so I'd say it's "worth it".

Hi Bob,

Wondering if we could use Royal IQ app to book our dining package?

We booked a four night package, and I understand they assign you the first night, then you choose the rest? If I can't use the app where/who do I see once we board. Thanks very much in advance. :)

Hi Bob,

We booked a four night package, and I understand they assign you the first night, then you choose the rest? If I can't use the app where/who do I see once we board. Thanks very much in advance. :)

I don't know if the app has the ability to modify dining package reservations. I do know you can go to any specialty restaurant and make reservations in person.

Hi Bob,

I don't know if the app has the ability to modify dining package reservations. I do know you can go to any specialty restaurant and make reservations in person.

We were able to modify ALL of our dining reservations.

My only caveat to that is that we didn't pre-book any of the non complimentary restaurants and move them.

We have moved every other reservation, including adding Jamie's (when we were told in person that it was booked...).

Not that that answer helps with the dining package question. Just thought I'd add something like that ;)

Royal IQ app is great! We are just off Harmony last week. For some reason we were all able to text each other with iMessage and I was even able to text my sister with iMessage to Canada. (my phone was on airplane mode the entire trip) We did not pay the $7.95 per device charge. We did however purchase the "one device wifi package" for DH and I to share. The the iMessages were going through even when I was not connected to wifi. For example DH was using the wifi and I was texting my sister with iMessage.

We were able to modify ALL of our dining reservations.

My only caveat to that is that we didn't pre-book any of the non complimentary restaurants and move them.

We have moved every other reservation, including adding Jamie's (when we were told in person that it was booked...).

Not that that answer helps with the dining package question. Just thought I'd add something like that ;)

Thank you both for your help. George

Just to add, being from Canada, most of us in our group had our phones already set to 24h clock, but some did not and had many issues with the messaging feature and would have to shut down the app and re-launch. Switching to 24h clock mode seemed to help resolve many of the issues for most of them. We only started doing this on the last few days so it is hard to explain why or maybe it was just a coincidence but...

I have a Samsung, Unlocked dual sim phone that was set in 24h clock mode and had practically no issues at all with RoyaliQ. Only restarted the app once or twice in 7 days.

dp