Sel de Mer

Yes that was true for me too, although now one cruise the Sel De Mer is full, and the other, it says it has a price. Please if you have time after your cruise, report back.

Thanks!

I'll be happy to report back, but I think our Eurodam cruise is taking place around the same time as your Oosterdam cruise:D

Check this out

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/16563-holland-america-rolls-out-rudi-s-pop-up-restaurant.html

HAL says I have Sel de Mer confirmed for Apr 5th on Eurodam but according to this Article it's not starting til May 6th.:confused:

The May 6 date is interesting because that is one of the dates that I was told Americas Test Kitchen would start on Eurodam.

Check this out

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/16563-holland-america-rolls-out-rudi-s-pop-up-restaurant.html

HAL says I have Sel de Mer confirmed for Apr 5th on Eurodam but according to this Article it's not starting til May 6th.:confused:

The May 6 date is interesting because that is one of the dates that I was told Americas Test Kitchen would start on Eurodam.

And according to this Cruise Critic article, Eurodam won't have Sel de Mer until May 24th. It'll be interesting to see what we actually experience on board!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7625

And according to this Cruise Critic article, Eurodam won't have Sel de Mer until May 24th. It'll be interesting to see what we actually experience on board!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7625

My mistake. I wasn't looking at the article when I said May 6th. It says May 24th in the article I posted too.

That still doesn't explain those of us with Sel de Mer reservations before that date. Maybe we are going to be what restaurants call "soft openings":)

We recently cruised on K'Dam and ate dinner one night in Sel de Mer. The restaurant is beautiful and the food was excellent. We had a package for 5 dinners in the various specialty restaurants. Since Sel de Mer is a la carte, we had a $30pp credit to apply. We ended up going $11 over, with 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and no dessert. The concept is that the a la carte prices are about half what a similar land restaurant charges, so that the extra cost is not a lot more than Pinnacle. Of course, if you order the most expensive items, you can spend over $100 for a meal.

Just called Ship Services to ask about our late September 12 night on Oosterdam as Sel de Mer was available and disappeared. Was told that Sel de Mer pop up was not available to book even for them yet, She said they are restructuring the itineraries to include the option and should appear online soon,

As they are referring to it as a pop up I'm wondering if there may be more "pop up" restaurants appearing on the ships for a night. Perhaps the Lido Market will have an extra charge pop up Golden Corral :D:cool:

My update. On the Eurodam sailing this Saturday, I did book the Sel de Mer as it was available on the cruise personalizer. A few weeks ago, I saw that it was not an option anymore, but the pinnacle grill was!

JUST got an email saying that it is going to be Le Cirque instead, and asking me if that was ok, and listed the amount pp., as Sel de Mer was a la carte at the time of booking. The reason I was given was provisioning.

Happy to try it!

Good communication, HAL. How often do we get to say that!

My update. On the Eurodam sailing this Saturday, I did book the Sel de Mer as it was available on the cruise personalizer. A few weeks ago, I saw that it was not an option anymore, but the pinnacle grill was!

JUST got an email saying that it is going to be Le Cirque instead, and asking me if that was ok, and listed the amount pp., as Sel de Mer was a la carte at the time of booking. The reason I was given was provisioning.

Happy to try it!

Good communication, HAL. How often do we get to say that!

Darn! I've booked it for the Apr 1st cruise. Can you post when you get on ship and let us know how long they are going to be making the switch for others who have booked Sel de Mer. One more question if you get a chance. Are they having a Master Chef or Cellar Masters dinner? Sign up is usually at the Pinnacle front desk.

What are the master chef and cellar masters dinner?

It is a food and wine pairing dinner, usually held in the Pinnacle. It was $90pp last time I went to it. Would love to do it again.

They don't tend to advertise it. I go to the Pinnacle as soon as I board and ask to sign up for it. They only take 12-16? people.

I waited a day last year and it was sold out. Luck of the draw I guess. Someone on CC said it was canceled after they signed up for lack of min number.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the NA. I think we may have enjoyed the last Le cirque....and we did really enjoy the dinner.

I have photo's of the new menu and will post them here ASAP. It's a nice menu that I think will be attractive to a wider base of customers.

https://goo.gl/photos/6FLQtgMHCa1sR12R9

I hope that works. Sorry they are a bit dark.

I was told we were the first to see the new menu.

Enjoy.

Thanks very much, Skysurfr; this second set of enlarged photos is very legible, and the menu looks very nice. We are looking forward to experiencing "Sel de Mer" on our upcoming Eurodam cruise.

If you have time, once you return from your trip, would you post what happened? Just curious if you got to eat at Sel de Mer or Le Cirque.

Have a great cruise.

We did have a great cruise! To report back...le Cirque was the menu. The Pinnacle Grill hostess told us that none of the Sel de Mer flatware, plates, etc. had been delivered to the ship yet.

We decided, though, to dine a different evening, with the regular PG menu.

We did have a great cruise! To report back...le Cirque was the menu. The Pinnacle Grill hostess told us that none of the Sel de Mer flatware, plates, etc. had been delivered to the ship yet.

We decided, though, to dine a different evening, with the regular PG menu.

Thanks for taking the time and getting back. It is always good to get an update!

I keep checking Zaandam for our June cruise and le Cirque is showing. Is that what I should expect or will it be switched sooner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to the article that was posted, it looks liked the Zaandam is not included in the launch of Sel de Mer for this year. Doesn't mean things won't change... :)

I pulled out the quote about the ships and their launch dates for reference:

"Rudi's Sel de Mer will debut as a pop-up venue in the Pinnacle Grill once on seven night cruises and twice on cruises longer than 10 nights. It opens on six ships in 2017: Nieuw Amsterdam (March 31); Oosterdam (May 11); Eurodam (May 24); Westerdam (June 12); Noordam (October 2) and Zuiderdam (November 10)."