Bahia Mar

diesel1973

We have stayed several times. The rooms are very basic. The location is ideal. A pedestrian bridge connects you to the beach. You are close to the pier and the airport. There is a deli type place rright on the corner for inexpensive food and you can walk up the beach to the north for more restaurants. It's fun to walk around and see the boats anchored there. You can catch the sun trolley there. The pool is basic but does have a bar.

The place is older so we notice things like cracks in the sink, small tub/shower combo. Old creaking elevators that can be slow. The desk is really a pain and refuses to check you in a minute early.

For us the place has been clean, conveinent. We have never stayed more then 2 nights at a time. For extended stays I would choose a nicer place but for cruising it's fine. Do not expect luxury.

We had booked a room there next week that I let go. The price was $269 with tax which was higher then we'd ever payed but it was spring break. Not worth that price so we are trying a much cheaper Airbnb. Half that price I'd book it.

We like the location and pricing with hiltonhonors. We don't book it for a resort stay as we roam the city the whole time. For a one / two night stay precruise, it is a decent choice for beach,restaurants,water taxi, marina,trolley etc.

We try to book a southern view/partial ocean or full ocean in the tower.

I'd choose this over a hotel on 17th St. if you want views,beach and a feel of Fl. Of course there are nicer beach hotels if your budget allows.