What flights does Oceania use.

JAKUEHNLE

Can anyone tell me what flights Oceania might book for a Chicago to Seattle flight for a Alaska cruise? I live 2 1/2 hours from the airport and would need to add another 2 hours for TSA check in. ? :confused:

Assuming you are going in day of cruise so with an about 4 hour flight and a 2 hour time change, would think you would be on an early morning flight in order to make sure you don't miss your cruise. Recommend you drive down to O'hare the nite before and find a stay and park hotel near the airport where you could leave your car and they would take you to the terminal. Otherwise you would be leaving your home really early in the morning. Flights tend to be extremely early when you don't deviate so could be a 7 AM flight. Much better to be in the vicinity of the airport the day before. No real way to be any more definite as flights O uses vary so much.

Can anyone tell me what flights Oceania might book for a Chicago to Seattle flight for a Alaska cruise? I live 2 1/2 hours from the airport and would need to add another 2 hours for TSA check in. ? :confused:

Unless you choose to pay the deviation & pick the flights you want it is unlikely you will know the flight details until after final payment

you can take the air credit & book your own flights then you know the details

IME, whatever is cheapest. Our last experience was ORD-San Juan, not SEA.

We were able to find out what flights Oceania had chosen early enough to take the air credit and book non-stop flights for very little more.

If I may,can I ask about flights to Lima and from Papetee.We are UK based so I hope there will be someone who can advise me from the English side.(London airports).

But we may stopover from Papetee in Los Angeles or New York to break the journey home. So any input from US citizens will be helpful.

We would like to try and have upgrade seats for the longest part of the journey.At the moment only January flights are out (to Limassol) and not the February flights from Papatee,

Many thanks ,Jane..

Since for the most part there is no savings for buying a round trip vs two one ways and especially in your case where you can't buy a round trip since you arrive in Lima and then depart for home from Tahiti so as we do you can purchase your flight to Lima now and later when available purchase your return.

As to your stopover in LA. Depending on how you purchase those flights, you may be charged point to point vs a combined price to stopover in LA.

For instance if you buy from Air France or Air Tahiti Nui using one of their code share partners they may have a Tahiti to London fare but if you stop over in LA that could become point to point where they charge for each flight separately which could be much higher

Have to be careful buying that routing and price multiple ways. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If I may,can I ask about flights to Lima and from Papetee.We are UK based so I hope there will be someone who can advise me from the English side.(London airports).

But we may stopover from Papetee in Los Angeles or New York to break the journey home. So any input from US citizens will be helpful.

We would like to try and have upgrade seats for the longest part of the journey.At the moment only January flights are out (to Limassol) and not the February flights from Papatee,

Many thanks ,Jane..

We're US based, so it may be different. However, we took a cruise last winter which ended up in Papeete. Oceania used Air Tahiti Nui to get us from Tahiti to Los Angeles, with another carrier home to the East Coast. There aren't a whole lot of choices from Papeete, so don't surprised if you end up on Air Tahiti. In some cases I believe Oceania books charter flights with them. I remember wondering what the heck was up when we got our air assignments and the flight to LA wasn't even listed on the Air Tahiti website. I think it was a charter flight. Other people were going at night rather than the morning flight we had. After a two week cruise, I was happy to be going home without having to kill time in Tahiti and then fly overnight to LA, only to have to connect to another long flight.

Air Tahiti wasn't fabulous but it wasn't awful either. We didn't try to upgrade, so I don't know if that was possible or worth it, as we just suffered through using economy. The airport wasn't great either - mostly outside and hot, long lines because of too many cruisers, lots of security and passport checking. However, there's not much you can do about that, so it really doesn't matter!

We flew to South America for that flight, but I forget which carrier Oceania used. I do know that in general Oceania uses British Airways a bit. We've flown on them to Heathrow on an Oceania cruise.

Edited by roothy123

janecambridge, as ralleydave posted you're looking a multiple options. I think your questions are flight routing in general and not O's deviation directly. You can work out your options and preferences and then have your TA make a deviation request. That said, with a fair bit of complexity you might prefer to book own your own or through a TA that specializes in air. With no commissions in general for air there aren't many left. They'll charge a fee and earn it.

Not that regulars can't help too but I suggest that as this is not an O specific question you should also post on CC's air board. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks over there. Make sure to give them details to work with such as dates and preferences.

Have your TA call Oceania and ask which carriers they are using, then check the options for a possible deviations, if you feel they are worthwhile. NO one here knows all the options O can and does use. ASK O not us!!![/quote

Ooohhhhhh apologies!!!!

Thanks everyone else for your help.My agent cannot get any info on February returns as those flights aren't available yet.I was just hoping for some guidance.so to the majority,thank you.

:) Well I booked my own flights using some ff miles and the money that Oceania gave my for not using their flights. Since I will fly in a day early, the money that I would have given Oceania to do that helped get the flights at the times I wanted, on the days I wanted , and up grade to better seats.