You may be able to get $100 onboard credit added with Balcony Bonus Week-I did!

like2cruise

I called to see if I could have it added to my reservation, but I had booked when they were offering gratuities as one of the perks and was told if I added the $100 I would have had to pick another perk since they no longer offer gratuities, so I passed for now. I have a few more days to think about it!

My friend got us the $100 on our Bermuda cruise for 2018. She had to pay $150 more on the depoist since we booked under the $50'special. My sister and parents are going to Alaska in 2018. Whe my sister called they gave her the credit and didn't charge her, but when my mom called she also had to pay the $150 towards the deposits. We all booked under the $50 special. I guess it depends who you get on the phone.

It was a no go for me. He also didn't buy that I should get it just because I am super awesome, and very pretty. I'm also lucky he has a good sense of humor. He also said it would cost us an extra $300 today just to get that credit. I must have booked when the room was really cheap...

Did any of the lucky ones who have been able to get the $100 OBC added already have OBC with their original booking deal? Or do you only the the $100 OBC added if you didn't already have any?

TIA :D

Did any of the lucky ones who have been able to get the $100 OBC added already have OBC with their original booking deal? Or do you only the the $100 OBC added if you didn't already have any?

TIA :D

Not knowing where the original OBC came from, we can't say for sure, but it is very likely to stop you from being able to do this.

It's important to understand what is happening when they do this. Even though many people have been able to get it done as a change to the booking, rather than a cancel and rebook, what is actually happening is effectively a cancellation and rebooking.

By taking the $100 OBC they are offering now, you well be booking with the terms that are on offer now, and will lose anything which was offered at the time you originally book that is not available now.

That is why some people have had to pay an increased deposit (as the low deposit offer they booked under is not now available), or change their free at sea perks (if they took some which aren't offered now), or even pay a little extra (if the fare has increased).

Assuming you got the OBC as a booking perk then you will lose it. Unless you got it as a free at sea perk and it is still offered as such now (I don't know what the offers are for US customers at the moment).

If it was a free at sea perk which isn't offered now then you should be able to select again from what is offered now.

If it was just a similar offer to the current one where you get an amount of OBC when you book then you would almost certainly lose it.

Edit: I see you are from Wellington. Assuming that is Wellington, NZ then it may be that none of this applies to you anyway. People from the US are able to cancel and rebook without penalty right up to final payment. I don't know what the position is in New Zealand, but it isn't necessarily the same.

If it is another Wellington then ignore me. :)

We booked 2/28/2017, reduced deposit and 2 free offers. Two couples.

I saw this thread yesterday morning and I quickly emailed my PC and in 3 hours I had an email confirmation with him adding the $50 per person per cabin on-board credit and I kept the original 2 free offer items!

I love Cruisecritic for many reason including this one! I have benefited before from members sharing their experiences and knowledge for years!

Thank you!

Totally agree with your explanation. We were able to add the OBC without having to cancel and rebook.

I also wanted to add that if your reservation number stays the same, then NCL did not cancel and rebook your reservation.

This is not true. I dd a cancel and rebook twice due to better rates/perks on my Nov cruise but my reservation number stayed the same.

Sailing 3/29 on the Gem. I called to inquire about the $100 obc. They told me I'd have to rebook and that the mini suite I was already booked into had increased in price $200/pp. No luck for me. Even though the obc would've been nice, it'll still be a good time.

I called to see if I could have it added to my reservation, but I had booked when they were offering gratuities as one of the perks and was told if I added the $100 I would have had to pick another perk since they no longer offer gratuities, so I passed for now. I have a few more days to think about it!

Me also...booked with gratuities perk last year ...so have passed on every offer since....as none worth the original perk.

We booked 2/28/2017, reduced deposit and 2 free offers. Two couples.

I saw this thread yesterday morning and I quickly emailed my PC and in 3 hours I had an email confirmation with him adding the $50 per person per cabin on-board credit and I kept the original 2 free offer items!

I love Cruisecritic for many reason including this one! I have benefited before from members sharing their experiences and knowledge for years!

Thank you!

My TA was able to do the same for us. $50 per person OBC and we kept our same room and perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Me also...booked with gratuities perk last year ...so have passed on every offer since....as none worth the original perk.

FINALLY...a deal for me......my cruise price went down today...enough to warrant the rebook/giving up the gratuities perk...and I picked up more OBC !

PS--my booking # stayed the same...as did the booking date :confused:..weird..so maybe I will also be keeping the 9 month out extra points (yn)

if you booked your cruise before feb 3 and is 9 months in advance. you might lose the extra latitude points for booking 9+ months in advance as NCL cancels and rebooks you with this $100 dollar obc, that new booking is no longer eligible for the extra latitude points

No extra points with the new latitudes program.

I just had an unpleasant conversation with a NCL rep. I am 6 months out for our cruise and inquired about the $100 OBC for booked balconies. I was told that I would have to rebook at the current fare (which is several hundred dollars more) and would have to cancel my current Free at Sea promos and choose different ones. I questioned his response and shared what I had learned on this thread; he merely scoffed at me and said "well, that's Cruise Critic, they know nothing." Oh well, I tried.

We are 6 months out too. I got the $100 OBC added to our existing balcony booking... with no problem. I called the personal cruise consultant with whom I booked, however. The rate for our balcony cabin was the same as when we booked, though. That may have something to do with it. we were able to keep our free at sea promos.

NCL told me that they changed their policy and you do not have to "rebook" to get the updated promotions. I kept my original booking date.

Despite having the same booking date and booking number, changes were made to your original promotion codes. Just don't be surprised when they use that to deny the extra point-- I wish you the best, but I do not think that this is going to work out in your favor regarding points.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, OP, for the heads up. After reading the posts in this thread, I went and rechecked the current pricing situation for my two planned cruises. For one the price has gone up since booking, so trying to get the OBC wouldn't work. For the other, however, bingo!

Not only had the price decreased, but it decreased $350. EACH, more than enough to make up for losing the free gratuities as one of our perks. Since our cruise is also a Latitudes Insider Offer for this month, we would get an additional point, thus making up for the no longer available extra point for booking more than 9 months out. Through the Latitudes Insider Offer, we also received an additional $100 OBC.

So to summarize, we saved $700. cruise fare (netting a $430. savings after accounting for the loss of $270. in free gratuities), gained $200. OBC where we previously had none, and for an additional $30. total, now have a 4 day specialty dining package!

The booking date and reservation number remained the same. The invoice date changed to today's date and there are a lot more promo codes in the upper right hand corner!

Was able to get the $100 OBO on our mini-suite as the cost of the mini suite had remained the same as when I booked it 2 weeks ago. The other promotions stayed the same except one.

They said the 50% reduction in the deposit had stopped and I would have to pay more deductible. I'm ok with that but I pointed out that the 50% reduction in deductible was still showing on the web site...didn't matter.