Which lines/ships have a thermal suite or area like this?

perditax

I love the thermal suite on NCL's newer ships, but I'd like to try another line next. Here are the things I like (and will pay extra for) in their thermal suite:

--a warmish water therapy pool in a covered area (almost never crowded)

--padded loungers

--ocean view

--18+ only

--quiet

The other touches that are nice are abundant towels and robes, a hot tub, and a refreshment station.

From what I can tell, most other lines' spas are either tiny, or completely indoors/no view (Princess I think), or just have a hot tub and a few tile loungers (DCL). The closest I've come is Celebrity's solarium area, which was very nice. Decent sized adults-only pool, ability to not fry in direct sunlight, and comfy loungers.

Do Carnival or RCI have anything like what I'm describing? If only on certain ships, which ships? What about HAL?

I don't care about tile loungers or steam rooms.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The older R- and S-class HAL ships have a thermal suite with large windows on two sides (though the view is not directly over the side of the ship to the ocean) but its main features are the tile loungers and saunas; there is only a large hot tub, not a T-pool.

I think the Cunard ships may have something reasonably close to your parameters: Queen Mary 2 has the largest T-pool I know of, surrounded by padded loungers; plus a hot tub, robes and towels far better than in your cabin (assuming Britannia cabins rather than the Grills) and a beverage station with tea, juices and flavored waters just down the hall. However there are no windows in the T-pool area, though there are in the 'relaxation room' where people wait between treatments; I have had no problem sitting for a while there on days when I purchase a spa pass. On Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth there are glass walls looking out from the area with the padded loungers surrounding the T-pool, but they only overlook the open decks and are heavily tinted if memory serves.

Cunard does a good job setting the price of their thermal suite passes at a rate that keeps the crowds moderate: the price is actually higher on QV and QE even though the area is smaller--though one big caveat on those two ships is that the much-too-small locker room is in the hall where anyone using the fitness center may also access it; on sea days especially the men's is elbow-to-elbow in the hour before dinner.

As you have noticed on your own, most ships have their thermal suites entirely indoors with no natural light--presumably to keep it dim enough to deter even the paying customers from sitting in there all day reading a book (though the darkness does abet the sleepers)

Edited by fishywood

HAL's R and S Class ships so not have a thermo pool -- just a small hot tub that holds barely 6 people.

On the Vista and Signature ships there is a thermo pool -- only windows look out onto the Lido pool area. Sometimes the blinds are up and sometimes they are not. The heated loungers are in a separate room and there are windows that look out to the ocean.

I don't know anything about the newest ship -- Koningsdam.

The description of the Enclave on the Royal class (Royal Princess, Regal Princess): http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Passengers-Can-Enjoy-the-Ultimate-in-Pampering-Aboard-Royal-Princess.html

The description of the Lotus Spa on most other Princess ships; the discussion of the thermal suite is in the second paragraph under Spa Treatment Options: http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Lotus-Spas-Pamper-Princess-Passengers.html