Allure of Sea Dining Question

Giovanni's or Samba. Those are other boats like Oasis that have had more success changing it to something like Chops once onboard, but Allure is pretty strict about it. I'd say plan on one of those two and consider it a bonus if you can pick something else.

On the first night dining what restaurants can you chose from?

Just off Allure and did the "First Night Dining"

Found out once on board the you can only pick from Samba Grille and Giovanni's.

I actually went to Chops and was refused.

We picked Giovanni's and it was one of the best meals of the cruise

I'd like to know why Chops on Allure feels they can refuse to honor the First Night Done Right (FNDR) promo.

The promo itself states "No restrictions" and, according to the additional terms, the only things excluded are "special experiences like Chef's Table, Hibachi, Mystery Theater or Wine Pairings".

In addition, on February 27, 2017 on Royal's official Twitter page, when specifically asked "Which restaurants on Allure are eligible for First Night Done Right?", Royal responded "Any specialty restaurant onboard is eligible".

Personally, I intend to first see if Chops has reservations available for when I want to dine the first night and, if so, then tell them "Great! By the way, I'll be using my FNDR promo."

P.S. Glad to hear good things about Giovanni's as I plan to eat there on a later night in my upcoming cruise.

~ Judy

I'd like to know why Chops on Allure feels they can refuse to honor the First Night Done Right (FNDR) promo.

The promo itself states "No restrictions" and, according to the additional terms, the only things excluded are "special experiences like Chef's Table, Hibachi, Mystery Theater or Wine Pairings".

In addition, on February 27, 2017 on Royal's official Twitter page, when specifically asked "Which restaurants on Allure are eligible for First Night Done Right?", Royal responded "Any specialty restaurant onboard is eligible".

Personally, I intend to first see if Chops has reservations available for when I want to dine the first night and, if so, then tell them "Great! By the way, I'll be using my FNDR promo."

P.S. Glad to hear good things about Giovanni's as I plan to eat there on a later night in my upcoming cruise.

~ Judy

Interesting since we did First Night Done Right in December and once onboard switched to Chops. Perhaps because we choose to eat late or that there were still spaces available and there may not be now

Interesting since we did First Night Done Right in December and once onboard switched to Chops. Perhaps because we choose to eat late or that there were still spaces available and there may not be now

And that's how it should work - subject to space availability. But there have been mixed reports with a lot of CC'ers stating they were told FNDR is only good for Giovanni's or Samba's when they tried to make reservations onboard Allure while Oasis seems to have more positive reports. If they have space available, FNDR should also be good at Chops (and 150 Central Park too for that matter).

But because of the inconsistency, I plan to wait until I'm onboard to make my Giovanni's reservations for day 3 or 4 in case that becomes my only option for FNDR.

~ Judy

And that's how it should work - subject to space availability. But there have been mixed reports with a lot of CC'ers stating they were told FNDR is only good for Giovanni's or Samba's when they tried to make reservations onboard Allure while Oasis seems to have more positive reports. If they have space available, FNDR should also be good at Chops (and 150 Central Park too for that matter).

But because of the inconsistency, I plan to wait until I'm onboard to make my Giovanni's reservations for day 3 or 4 in case that becomes my only option for FNDR.

~ Judy

Hi Judy! You will be on the Allure cruise with us! Let's storm Chops and demand they honor FNDR! :D

Hi Judy! You will be on the Allure cruise with us! Let's storm Chops and demand they honor FNDR! :D

I like the sound of that! Arrgh Matey - we can wear eyepatches and brandish cutlasses to really intimidate them! "Avast ye scallywags, give us our booty FNDR dinner or ye walk the plank!" :')

Unfortunately, I have to be done pillaging and hoisting the Jolly Roger and find somewhere to eat by 6:30 or so. I have 9:00 reservations for OceanAria that night. ;p

~ Judy