First cruise with Royal - anything else I need to do?

We'll be on Oasis in 3 weeks. I've made dining and show reservations, booked drink & internet packages, booked shore excursions, and signed the waivers. I've printed our Set Sail passes and luggage tags, and have them with our passports. I also printed the detailed cruise document from our online Royal account just in case. Is there anything else I should do before we board or anything else we might need in terms of documentation? I'm not used to not receiving anything in the mail! Thanks for the help!

We'll be on Oasis in 3 weeks. I've made dining and show reservations, booked drink & internet packages, booked shore excursions, and signed the waivers. I've printed our Set Sail passes and luggage tags, and have them with our passports. I also printed the detailed cruise document from our online Royal account just in case. Is there anything else I should do before we board or anything else we might need in terms of documentation? I'm not used to not receiving anything in the mail! Thanks for the help!

You will need proper identification, such as a passport or certified birth certificate & DL.

You sound like me. I am way into preparing for my cruise. Love to do all the planning. Wish my next cruise was closer so i could get into some of that. At least what little I can do, Opted for a TA on this one. We'll see how that goes.

Also a planner who is just days (15 to be exact but who is counting...ME!!!), from my first cruise.

If driving, don't forget about Long-Term Parking (if pay on-line and in advance, it is over $20 less with Park-N-Go)

and, of course,

Reservations for the hotel the night before.

Here's my checklist:

- If you booked via a travel agent, print out their paperwork too. They may, for example, use a different booking number than the RCI booking number.

- Call your credit card, let them know you're traveling. More for when you disembark. Check whether they charge foreign transaction fees while you're at it. AmEx is pretty good at seeing that you paid for a vacation and expecting that you're going on the vacation you paid for.

- Photocopy and email and print the ID page of your passport to yourself, in case you lose your passport.

- Check to see if you need any visas or immunizations for the places you are visiting.

- If you have a smartphone and are returning to the US, download an app called Mobile Passport. You can use this when you return to the US in lieu of a printed form for customs.

- Also download your airline's app if you are flying to your port. That way, you can check in online when you disembark.

- Make sure your luggage tags are intact and that your bags have identification inside and outside.

- Papers from your health and travel insurance, at minimum your policy number and how to contact them.

- Take a photo of your bags if you check them. Much easier to show the clerk what you bag looks like than to describe it when 8:00 rolls around and you don't have it.

- I agree with printing or saving PDF copies of everything. If you find out that excursion you planned or that on-board credit you were promised isn't showing up, paper is better evidence than nothing.

All of this is stuff you can do now. Toss it all into one folder and relax, knowing it's all ready to go if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Suggest flying into your departure port a day early (if you haven't already booked flights) and determining in advance how you will get from your hotel to the port on departure day (taxi, Uber, shuttle, etc.). We target to get to the port a little before 11:00am so that we can start our vacation ASAP. Ignore any email messages that you may receive saying that you should arrive for boarding at a later time (unless it's a message saying that boarding will be delayed for everyone because the ship is being delayed).

Edit: and enjoy your cruise!

Suggest flying into your departure port a day early (if you haven't already booked flights) and determining in advance how you will get from your hotel to the port on departure day (taxi, Uber, shuttle, etc.). We target to get to the port a little before 11:00am so that we can start our vacation ASAP. Ignore any email messages that you may receive saying that you should arrive for boarding at a later time (unless it's a message saying that boarding will be delayed for everyone because the ship is being delayed).

Edit: and enjoy your cruise!

O H …

… I O!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums