Americas Test Kitchen on Eurodam

cruisingxpert

First question

Is anyone on Eurodam now that can answer my question whether Americas Test Kitchen is up and running now?

I have talked to HAL twice now for other reasons and asked both times about when it would be on Eurodam. Specials Services told me May 6th and Shawn in Reservations told me today that it started on Jan 17th and someone on the Boards said they heard it would start second week in April.

Second question

Is there a Master Chef or Cellar Master dinner on Eurodam if they get enough people? On the HAL site, it talks about it as exclusive to Nieuw Amsterdam.

Look forward to hearing from anyone on the Eurodam now or very recently.

First question

Is anyone on Eurodam now that can answer my question whether Americas Test Kitchen is up and running now?

I have talked to HAL twice now for other reasons and asked both times about when it would be on Eurodam. Specials Services told me May 6th and Shawn in Reservations told me today that it started on Jan 17th and someone on the Boards said they heard it would start second week in April.

Second question

Is there a Master Chef or Cellar Master dinner on Eurodam if they get enough people? On the HAL site, it talks about it as exclusive to Nieuw Amsterdam.

Look forward to hearing from anyone on the Eurodam now or very recently.

As an aside, be sure to check the "Groups and Charters" thread to see if your cruise will be sharing space with one of the larger cruise groups. Seems like the Eurodam is one of the more popular large group choice ships. The large group situation has recently caused a terrible disruption to regular passenger expectations for their own expected vacation time.

Hope you get ATK - we enjoyed it on the sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam.

As an aside, be sure to check the "Groups and Charters" thread to see if your cruise will be sharing space with one of the larger cruise groups. Seems like the Eurodam is one of the more popular large group choice ships. The large group situation has recently caused a terrible disruption to regular passenger expectations for their own expected vacation time.

Hope you get ATK - we enjoyed it on the sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam.

I hope so too. I did check the Groups and Charters and didn't see any groups - small or large for that date. I agree - a large group could be very disruptive.

FWIR in this forum, the most significant large group that could "disrupt" access to ATK are multi-star Mariners! ;) ;) ;)

I've heard stories about that but last year on Nieuw Amsterdam, I signed up for a cooking class when I boarded the ship and had no problem - I'm a 3 star which I wouldn't say is a multi star yet:)

We were on the Eurodam in December and America's Test Kitchen was not fully up and running. However, they had a much fuller schedule of culinary activities than I remember from previous cruises. The Culinary Arts Hostess, whose name I don't recall sadly, was excellent and the events looked to be well attended. I'm sure you'll be happy either way.

We were on the Eurodam in December and America's Test Kitchen was not fully up and running. However, they had a much fuller schedule of culinary activities than I remember from previous cruises. The Culinary Arts Hostess, whose name I don't recall sadly, was excellent and the events looked to be well attended. I'm sure you'll be happy either way.

Thank you My fear was that they would be starting the week after my cruise and all the Culinary Arts events would be impacted by the move over. Loved the cooking class I took last year..

Want me to post a picture of my retreat cabana when I get on board to make you feel nostalgic:D

Thank you My fear was that they would be starting the week after my cruise and all the Culinary Arts events would be impacted by the move over. Loved the cooking class I took last year..

Want me to post a picture of my retreat cabana when I get on board to make you feel nostalgic:D

Absolutely! Hope you enjoy your cabana as much as we did.

I've heard stories about that but last year on Nieuw Amsterdam, I signed up for a cooking class when I boarded the ship and had no problem - I'm a 3 star which I wouldn't say is a multi star yet:)

3 star is multi. :) Let's see how well passengers new to the cruise line do.

Where does one go to sign up for cooking classes when they first get on board?

I'm pretty sure I went to the Reception Desk. If that place is wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. I did it as soon as I got on board. My next stop was the Pinnacle to sign up for the Master Chef dinner.

Where does one go to sign up for cooking classes when they first get on board?

Front Desk. There was nothing that I can recall about signing up in the daily programs, so head down right away.

FWIR in this forum, the most significant large group that could "disrupt" access to ATK are multi-star Mariners! ;) ;) ;)

Really?

I am 5* and never got to a class last year. No invite, no confirmation, nothing.

Really?

I am 5* and never got to a class last year. No invite, no confirmation, nothing.

I have a feeling the thread that complained it was only multi star that could book probably didn't try to book

til later in cruise.

POA1 is correct. Because they don't have a lot of spaces, they don't advertise it. It's one of those things you find out

about on Cruise Critic:) Just like Master Chef dinner is not usually advertised.

We were shut out all week by 5* mariners for ATK for our Westerdam cruise. It's OK. They earned it. Plus I knew it was likely before we boarded so I wasn't super disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you try to book as soon as you got on board? I think they sell out fast. No one can book before you get on board "afaik"

We were shut out all week by 5* mariners for ATK for our Westerdam cruise. It's OK. They earned it. Plus I knew it was likely before we boarded so I wasn't super disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my Westerdam cruise I never got it.

and yes we are both 5*.

told I would get an invite. Never happened. So, we don't all shut you out ;)

I didn't try to book a class on our recent cruise, but last fall (on Zuiderdam) I went to the front desk right away and was told they would put me on a waiting list. I was surprised that it filled so quickly. But a few days later I got a note saying my participation was confirmed.

At the class, I chatted with a passenger who complained that 5-stars get first shot at the class. I hadn't been aware of that perk, as we're a long way from 5 stars. According to this passenger, space is reserved for 5-stars and if they don't choose to attend (respond to an invitation? go to front desk to sign up?), their space is released and people on the waiting list get in.

Well! THAT is good to know. I'll check that out on our next cruise. I am thinking also it may fill up because it's new and we all like stuff that's new. Our next cruise isn't until 3-2018 so maybe by then, more folks would have had the experience and not jump on it just to do something different.:D

I didn't try to book a class on our recent cruise, but last fall (on Zuiderdam) I went to the front desk right away and was told they would put me on a waiting list. I was surprised that it filled so quickly. But a few days later I got a note saying my participation was confirmed.

At the class, I chatted with a passenger who complained that 5-stars get first shot at the class. I hadn't been aware of that perk, as we're a long way from 5 stars. According to this passenger, space is reserved for 5-stars and if they don't choose to attend (respond to an invitation? go to front desk to sign up?), their space is released and people on the waiting list get in.

Maybe it depends on how many 5star are on. Last Nov (Nieuw Amsterdam) I went to the Front Desk right away and got confirmation for 3 of us right away ( 3Star and a 1star )