Places to eat Ketchikan and Juneau

panda1215

I have read a lot of discussion around excursion but would love to see some recommendations on places to in in Ketchikan and Juneau. This will be our second time to visit Alaska and we are doing Ketchikan on our own so we have plenty of time to explore and would love to hear about places we should put on the list for lunch, snack, and dinner. Same for Juneau!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read a lot of discussion around excursion but would love to see some recommendations on places to in in Ketchikan and Juneau. This will be our second time to visit Alaska and we are doing Ketchikan on our own so we have plenty of time to explore and would love to hear about places we should put on the list for lunch, snack, and dinner. Same for Juneau!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The DW and I always eat in a local diner in Ketchikan called the Pioneer Cafe. Popular with the locals and close to creek street.

I don't have a recommendation for Juneau.

When we were in Ketchikan we ate lunch at a little hamburger joint called Burger Queen. It's a REAL cheeseburger, not a mass produced McBurger. It was really good! It's a fairly small place (maybe 3 booths plus a couple picnic tables outside) but it was suggested by one of the locals I spoke to somewhere. It's located on Water Street just outside of the north end of the tunnel - right near the ship docks. I'd definitely go back!

I took this pic from the top deck of our ship:

26970287403_b09a25a036_b.jpg

26968674664_289b4832f1_b.jpg

27517039551_58959a6cdf_b.jpg

27490776572_6dd91d246f_b.jpg

Hi, I agree with Supercrewbear, Burger Queen is a great place to eat, very good food. Haven't tried their shakes, they are to die for I hear. Had the Haddock sandwich when I was there last June. Will be going back in May, just might splurge on the shakes this time. Will be on the Radiance Ots, an from what I've heard, the ship is suppose to be docked across the street from the Burger Queen, so will be snapping pictures.

Another vote for Burger Queen, it is a nice little place and is usually full of locals and crew. There is a small sea food shack about 100 feet away, sort of under the outside of the tunnel. It was recommend by a local but the day I went by it wasn't open yet, the owner was still cleaning the fish he had caught that morning. :) Want to try it this year