Studio Cabins

MsSoCalCruiser

It doesn't make much sense. I would not have expected that. Maybe supply and demand?

You pay slightly more because of the access to the studio lounge with 24/7 access to tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks... not to mention the solo host they provide to get everyone together and the bar service for a couple of hours a day.....

Worth every penny IMHO 😊 I love the studios.... !

There is always a wide variety of people of all ages.... i started solo cruising when I was 26.... just last year (i was 29) I hung out with an awesome lady in her 80s, celebrated a solo's 50th birthday and partied all night with a lady who was in her 60s! IMHO... age is just a number 😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Yes, for whatever reason other rooms are sometimes a similar price to studios.

I've travelled solo twice. Once in an ocean view which was cheaper than the studio and the other in a large balcony room which was slightly more expensive.

It seems that the newer ships with the studios have other rooms that are a lot cheaper for solos than the older ships do.

For example, when I was looking at transatlantics next year, balcony, oceanview and inside rooms on the Epic and Getaway were a lot cheaper than similar rooms on the Jade.

I've seen mixed age range in the studios. My Thanksgiving cruise on the Epic last year seemed to skew over 40 from the people I came across.

I've a question... I've only stayed in the studio on Breakaway once a few years ago and last year I was on the Epic in a studio. The Epic has the changing lights in the studio but I don't recall that on the Breakaway. Did I just miss it or is that one of the additional unique features on the Epic?

Edited by Bonobochick
added something

The studio cabins look interesting. Does anyone happen to know if they tend to be booked by a younger crowd or are they used at all by the over 55 crowd? Just asking for a friend of a friend 🙃

Was in a studio on the Getaway last week. Never really saw the other studio guests, but the few I did run into ran the gambit of ages, from 30ish to 70+

I've a question... I've only stayed in the studio on Breakaway once a few years ago and last year I was on the Epic in a studio. The Epic has the changing lights in the studio but I don't recall that on the Breakaway. Did I just miss it or is that one of the additional unique features on the Epic?

They don't have the lights on the Breakaway.

You pay slightly more because of the access to the studio lounge with 24/7 access to tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks... not to mention the solo host they provide to get everyone together and the bar service for a couple of hours a day.....

Worth every penny IMHO 😊 I love the studios.... !

There is always a wide variety of people of all ages.... i started solo cruising when I was 26.... just last year (i was 29) I hung out with an awesome lady in her 80s, celebrated a solo's 50th birthday and partied all night with a lady who was in her 60s! IMHO... age is just a number 😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

You had me at soft drinks 😊. Are they complementary or do you need a soda card?

This sounds like a fun area. Yes, age is just a number.

You had me at soft drinks 😊. Are they complementary or do you need a soda card?

This sounds like a fun area. Yes, age is just a number.

Nope. There's a vending machine but the coffee machine, ice water, and tea plus pastries are complimentary.

I like the studios. The only issue I have is with the cabin door slamming (at least I did on the Epic several months ago). Other than that for me, they're great. :cool: