$7.95 Room Service Charge

Not according to the response the poster a few above got, it does say it includes the gratuity.

Soooo, this says 'Lots of people want this service. We'd really rather you go to the buffet instead, so we are charging you a fee to discourage you from using room service.

Yeah, it does: "This convenience fee includes gratuity, and any additional gratuity is at our guests’ discretion."

Well if I'm going to eat my hat, I'll need some BBQ sauce for it

Interesting, you know this how? Do you know that RS already operates with a very small staff. The majority working the delivery are mdr, SR, WJ and other food service staff which fill in. I don't see rci getting rid of any of those people. Maybe they want to operate RS with just the skeletal staff they have assigned to that.

Simple business management. Reduce demand, reduce staff. You don't need an MBA to know how to cut costs while increasing revenue.

Oh good gravy. Some people want to be notified of any and all changes. Not possible.

It's called "getting what you pay for." I would love to have you as a customer if I could just change anything I wanted after we had an agreement. $$$

Well I phoned up to ask them why they had failed to tell me about the changes to which they sent me a formal letter of apology and $50 obc

in the UK, they are still advertising comp room service on the website and marketing (i.e. The website) is defined as a legal document to the Advertising Standards Agency, which could get them in a lot of trouble if they don't at least update this urgently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was smilarly upset when the beer package was eliminated and was too lazy to buy it when we booked our 3 day. It is probably time to lower base price and then as an earlier poster said just have free buffet and go from there, with food, drinks, entertainment etc as extra. I wonder who will be first

Just go to the dining room or buffet and get HOT food...but the time room service makes it to you, it will no longer be at the right temp. The food from room service is no different than the food from elsewhere on the ship.

I agree that this whole business of having to pay for room service is just another example of the "nickel and diming" of cruise passengers! I keep saying that one day in the near future, the only food "included" will be the buffet.

You do know that Windjammers tend to close at 8:30?

Hi everyone,

We know there's been some confusion regarding the difference between the older menu, and the upgraded one. For comparison, please see the following menus.

Hope this helps!

Room service menu.pdf

RS Menu.pdf

Room Service All Day Menu FINAL.pdf

Room Service Breakfast Menu FINAL.pdf

I sent this to Michael Bayley this afternoon:

Mr. Bayley,

I have just read a reproduction of a press release describing a drastic change in the room service policy on RCCL.

If it is an error of some sort, my apologies for taking your time.

If not. . .

I have cruised RCCL eleven times and have Diamond status. I have five more currently booked; two of them paid in full; one as soon as March 27.

I will be Diamond Plus by my January 20, 2018 cruise.

The status is not that important to me, and it is not an attempt to flaunt it. I just wanted to reflect my familiarity with RCCL.

My wife and I very rarely use room service, but there are times when it is pleasant, especially with the Windjammer closing at 8:30. To shift to a $7.95 charge seems like an outrageous and very sudden change.

But this is what bothers me most.

At the time I booked these cruises, room service was listed as complimentary (other than the late evening charge). As a matter of fact, at this very moment, your Dining offerings on your website still lists room service as complimentary. How can you release the change on March 15 while you are still advertising that it is complimentary? How do you take away something I have paid for, that your company has reassured me is part of my cruise experience? Is this even legal?

And the lack of a lead in time is appalling. If I know at the time of payment of this policy, then it is my decision to accept or not. Fair enough. But you are going to introduce this drastic change in two weeks?

This is not remotely responsible and suggests bait and switch.

It's bad enough that RCCL continues to advertise Centrum aerial shows as the WOW factor on Vision and Radiance class ships, though I've not seen one in my last three Grandeur cruises.

I might not want room service on my upcoming and booked RCCL cruises, but I would fully expect it to be available as assured me at the time of booking.

And the absurdity of it still being promised as before on the website. Very disappointing to the point of unethical.

And people will not find out until they are actually on the cruise. Will the charge then be a surprise unnoticed until the end of the cruise?

The company should be ashamed; you should be ashamed.

Excellent points. Could not agree more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But this is what bothers me most.

At the time I booked these cruises, room service was listed as complimentary (other than the late evening charge). As a matter of fact, at this very moment, your Dining offerings on your website still lists room service as complimentary. How can you release the change on March 15 while you are still advertising that it is complimentary? How do you take away something I have paid for, that your company has reassured me is part of my cruise experience? Is this even legal?

This is almost the same argument I made when they started charging for Johnny Rocket's. I bought a cruise with Johnny Rocket's included. They started charging several weeks before our cruise. The website said Johnny Rocket's was included. I called customer service and said that I had read on CC that they were now charging for Johnny Rocket's and wanted to know if it was true. I was told not to believe everything that I read on CC. Guess what was happening when we boarded the ship.... and the rest is history.

My point being this is not RCI's first rodeo instituting charges for items on cruises that were sold and purchased with the item included. And what is stated on the website or by customer reps turned out to be irrelevant or maybe I should say.... wrong.

I don't know what percentage of people use room service for breakfast,but the easy way to get back at RCI is everybody on board to order continental breakfast via room service every morning as this is free ,as a form of protest

Correct. Order then bin the lot. Even leave a nice custom business card that says why.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone,

We know there's been some confusion regarding the difference between the older menu, and the upgraded one. For comparison, please see the following menus.

Hope this helps!

Why are you still advertising as free on your website ? That's false advertising and absolutely illegal.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Just go to the dining room or buffet and get HOT food...but the time room service makes it to you, it will no longer be at the right temp. The food from room service is no different than the food from elsewhere on the ship.

I agree that this whole business of having to pay for room service is just another example of the "nickel and diming" of cruise passengers! I keep saying that one day in the near future, the only food "included" will be the buffet.

Room service fee is NOT "nickeling and diming" - you don't have to have room service in order to eat. In a hotel - room service menu items cost more than the dining room and you still have to tip. It is a choice you make.