Just off the Regal 3/5-3/12 2017

4cats4me

I see Regal is headed to dry dock next month. Does anyone know if it's mechanical or aesthetic too?

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Jonathan,

Some recently posted the schedule and what was taking place. One of the things on there was opening of the central stair case but I can't recall the rest. Sorry I can't find the link right now.

My wife and I were also on the same cruise and had a fantastic time, despite the weather (which wasn't bad, just not as good as we've experienced on other cruises). I'll compose a separate post concerning our thoughts on Club Class Dining (teaser: Not big fans). We had access to the Concierge Lounge on Deck 14 and can't sing enough praises about it or Marco, the concierge. There is an incredible self-serve automatic coffee/espresso/latte machine that prepares tasty drinks! We also enjoyed the finger foods, cheeses and fruits that were available during the day. And Marco came through for us several times, making arrangements for things and times that we were not able to get by ourselves. We also found the buffet on the Lido deck offered quite a flavorful selection. My wife hates buffets, but declared this the Best Buffet at Sea! We planned to book a Sanctuary cabana for a half-day or two, but the line was a mile long, even though I sprinted to the sign-up desk immediately upon boarding. Instead, we opted for two half-days in a cabana at the Retreat, the adults-only pool, and declared it exquisite! Servers were attentive and cheerful. Dinners in the Crown Grill were real pleasers. Happy to answer any questions you might have. We were in cabin R605, which is a suite.

Jonathan,

Some recently posted the schedule and what was taking place. One of the things on there was opening of the central stair case but I can't recall the rest. Sorry I can't find the link right now.

Thanks Plan09. The central staircase would be a big fix, lots of consternation about it.

Fortunately our cabin is all the way forward so it had no effect on us. But, great if they manage such a big task in a short period.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

My wife and I were also on the same cruise and had a fantastic time, despite the weather (which wasn't bad, just not as good as we've experienced on other cruises). I'll compose a separate post concerning our thoughts on Club Class Dining (teaser: Not big fans). We had access to the Concierge Lounge on Deck 14 and can't sing enough praises about it or Marco, the concierge. There is an incredible self-serve automatic coffee/espresso/latte machine that prepares tasty drinks! We also enjoyed the finger foods, cheeses and fruits that were available during the day. And Marco came through for us several times, making arrangements for things and times that we were not able to get by ourselves. We also found the buffet on the Lido deck offered quite a flavorful selection. My wife hates buffets, but declared this the Best Buffet at Sea! We planned to book a Sanctuary cabana for a half-day or two, but the line was a mile long, even though I sprinted to the sign-up desk immediately upon boarding. Instead, we opted for two half-days in a cabana at the Retreat, the adults-only pool, and declared it exquisite! Servers were attentive and cheerful. Dinners in the Crown Grill were real pleasers. Happy to answer any questions you might have. We were in cabin R605, which is a suite.

How much for 1/2 day Retreat pool cabanas? Were you able to reserve the first day for future sea days? Thanks.

How much for 1/2 day Retreat pool cabanas? Were you able to reserve the first day for future sea days? Thanks.

If I remember correctly, half-day Retreat cabana reservations were $50, $100 for a full day. I believe cabanas in The Sanctuary were $110/$220. And, yes, prior to sailing, we were able to reserve the same cabana for the afternoons of our first and last sea days. It was a wonderfully relaxing experience both days.

Also, the concierge's name was Carlos, not Marco as I incorrectly stated in my original post. (I haven't figured out how to edit posts after I've submitted them.)

(I haven't figured out how to edit posts after I've submitted them.)

For about 20 minutes after the initial post you can edit one. During that time there is a little "edit" box you can click on at the bottom of the post.

After 20 minutes there is no way you can edit your post.