New Blu menu

cruising teacher

just got off the Equinox yesterday in Aqua and there *ARE* indeed new menus.

the waiter told me that Blu runs on a 14 day rotation of menus and they now have almost 50% new items on them.

so it's not completely different from my last time in Blu in 2015, but i saw many old favourites and lots of terrific new items.

our group of 4 felt that the menu on this last cruise was better than in the previous cruise. tons of seafood dishes and a few classics with an update.

Thanks for the report! We are on EQ in May and love Blu. Did the Muesli cart go away? :loudcry:

The actual cart is gone but Muesli can be freshly prepared in the kitchen. Spiffy new uniforms for the staff.

Oh good to know, thank you! The Muesli and the Smoked Salmon Frittata is how I love to start my day.

I assume they'll just ask what you want in it? I usually like all of the offerings except walnuts.

Oh good to know, thank you! The Muesli and the Smoked Salmon Frittata is how I love to start my day.

I assume they'll just ask what you want in it? I usually like all of the offerings except walnuts.

The frittata has changed. It's like a giant quiche. Thumbs down.

I was on Silhouette when they were first building Luminea. Folks in Blu told me they would be "upgrading" the menu so as not to me inferior to Luminea. I ate in Luminea last trip and think the service in Blu is more attentive.

We just got off Infinity and many Aqua guests were in Suites for the second leg. Many said they preferred Blu as it had a better menu and one couple we spoke to got asked by the Maitre'd in Luminae which restaurant they preferred and why. They said the choices on one night were venison, quail and fish!!! Think that's one too many unusual choices for most people. We found Blu VERY busy this last cruise so wondered how many suite guests were eating there. Last night took 2 hours for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are sailing until the 22 of April, but love Blu more than Luminae...we don't make the line longer, as we go very early and are the first two seated. We would never want anyone to wait longer because of us. Usually, they only allow very few from suite class to dine in Blu, so the numbers can be controlled, at least that is what we have been told. That is why we choose to eat ver early. Sure hope the menu can be shared on here.

Many thanks to anyone who can share!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

My understanding is that the new menu is currently only on the Equinox.

A recent cruiser posted a few of the Blu menus at:

https://goo.gl/photos/yJuL7hKtLRbYvCc26

The one menu I could read, as best I can recall, had entrees of turkey, chicken and duck ravioli something, plus one fish and a veal choice..No beef except for the strip steak on the always available which in the past has been very thin..

We'll be happy to see new menus with some of the old favorites but from that one sample, we are glad we have two specialty nights booked for our next cruise on Infinity.

Also noticed a drink menu..no prices. Are they included or extra? , & if extra, prices woud help to figure out if they are on the Classic or Premium package?

Wish AQ guests could use Luminae to even the numbers...sometimes BLU is very busy and the staff stretched thin. Thought once Lum was up and running..suite guests would no longer go to BLU but not the case.. .

• 6 months later...
The actual cart is gone but Muesli can be freshly prepared in the kitchen. Spiffy new uniforms for the staff.

The cart was available on the Silhouette and the Reflection. You were asked to visit the cart and order which items you wanted for the muesli.

The cart was available on the Silhouette and the Reflection. You were asked to visit the cart and order which items you wanted for the muesli.

Nothing of that sort on Constellation, just a bowl of muesli presented to me.

The two best evening meals in Blu were from the MDR menu on Constellation. Not thrilled with Blu menu at all.