Purchase airport transfers onboard ?

MCC retired

In my experience, yes (Brooklyn to Newark) although the onboard price was higher than the book-ahead price.

Yup ! that's what I need Brooklyn to EWR . Lots of OBC to spend on this cruise from Book Onboard, Shareholder , Military and TA .

Yes you can book onboard, and this is a good use of OBC. Done it. The airport transfers are heavily marketed by the tours and excursions desk. But if you want to save money and don't have much OBC, book your own through one of the car services or use a ride sharing company.

In my experience, yes (Brooklyn to Newark) although the onboard price was higher than the book-ahead price.

Occasionally I have seen the book on board price the same as the pre-purchased price, but most of the time it is more. On one trip I noticed the difference from what we paid in advance was exactly double.

Does Cunard provide shuttles to JFK?

Yes they do. If you search previous posts, you'll see numerous threads on the subject. Short version - they will provide busses; sign up onboard. I think they're $50 per person. You can get much better deals by other means (I prefer car services like Dial-7) but if your flight leaves mid-day, you may want to use the Cunard transfer because you will be able to disembark earlier than might otherwise be the case - unless you do the self-disembark option. If your flight is late afternoon or later, you may prefer to use other options - have a leisurely breakfast in the dining room, disembark, and greet your hired car (or grab a taxi).

... if your flight leaves mid-day, you may want to use the Cunard transfer because you will be able to disembark earlier than might otherwise be the case ..

Just do add another advantage: You might also want to use the Cunard tranfer if you have a late fligth, because Cunard does allow you to stay on board until it is time for you to go to the airport. I do not know if this if offered everywhere, yet e.g. in the Mediterranean ports last year there were transfers offered as late as 4 or 5 pm. The luggage was delivered directly to the airport. The extend time on board was only for guests with Cunard transfer; with private transfer you had to leave early.

This way I had a leisurely day at the pool instead of one at the airport.

Just do add another advantage: You might also want to use the Cunard tranfer if you have a late fligth, because Cunard does allow you to stay on board until it is time for you to go to the airport. I do not know if this if offered everywhere, yet e.g. in the Mediterranean ports last year there were transfers offered as late as 4 or 5 pm. The luggage was delivered directly to the airport. The extend time on board was only for guests with Cunard transfer; with private transfer you had to leave early.

This way I had a leisurely day at the pool instead of one at the airport.

I doubt anyone can stay on board that late in New York. My experience is that all airport transfers leave approximately 8:30 a.m. Also, all passengers must be off the ship before any embarking passengers may board. Usually the last people leave the ship around 11:00 to 11:15 and embarkation starts at 12:00. Even those in transit who do not wish to go ashore must do so to be processed and they cannot re-board until everyone has disembarked. This has been my experience as recently as last October.