• Widowed
    • Double Income/No kids
    • College Degree
    • Graduate School Degree
    • Professional Degree
    • Self Employed
    • Currently in work force
    • Retired

I am surprised that the percentage of people who hold a degree from a professional school, such as an MD, JD, LLM, DVM, DDS, is as high as it is on this poll.

Probably all us lawyers...

The dentists have their hands in somone's mouth...

The doctors are all out on the golf course...

It's us lawyers who sit at a computer all day and this is a great diversion from contracts, leases and court documents...

Besides, doesn't it seem like everyone has a law degree nowadays?

Reminds me of the old joke:

A lawyer has a leak in his kitchen sink, so he calls up a plumber...

The plumber comes out to the house, takes a look at the sink, pulls out a wrench and gives the pipe one small twist...He then looks at the Lawyer and says "That'll be $300"

The lawyer is astonished..."$300!!! You couldn't have spent more than five minutes...Why, at that rate, that would be $3,600 an hour! I'm one of the top lawyers in town and I can't charge MY clients $3,600 an hour!"

To which the plumber responds: "Neither could I when I was a lawyer..."

Canderson, anchovies are an aquired taste!:p

Thanks for the offer of Massachusetts, but I did my time there- grew up in Marion, and lived in and around Boston for years. It's not that I don't like it, but ya' got to do something about January through April!:D

Schplinky, don't think Canada isn't on the list- family's from there originally, but it would more likely be Vancouver than back your way. Fifteen years in California has made me a weather wimp! Like your gift registry idea! Wish I could just put the 2006/2007 cruise catalogue as my x-mas list for family this holiday!

And, while SS and I might disagree sometimes (politely, I hope:) ), let's stop 'grading' the quality of this poll- made for an interesting diversion for me for a few posts, so that right there makes it worth it (for me):D

Andrew

SS - Fun poll!

I chose DINK without even looking at the rest. Although we do have that danged dog. :D Jeff and I married here in Oregon only to have it deemed "null and void". Still are in our hearts though - that's what's important anyway - at least for now. Just celebrated our 14th in October. OK....politics aside.

Hey Andrew - I'm with you - anchovies are fine. What would a good tableside prepared Ceasar be without them??? Greetings to Ed & Hubble.

Cheers,

Joe :p

Polls are fun and my fun side says this one is fun. My logical side (that side of me that my fun side just hates) says the choices are way to wide. To get a true representation you would need to have several polls. Need age group poll, education poll (should be marked as highest degree), having children needs more definition, i.e, have 2 boys who are both on their own and we've paid off all our college loans; are we without children or would a better definition be children grown, bills for children paid, but still give to them (and/or grandchildren) as much as possible? Then retired and in workforce - another problem - DH is retired military, retired civil service, and currently employeed in 3rd career.

Still this poll is fun. Not scientific by any means, but who cares, it's still fun.

SS - Fun poll!

I chose DINK without even looking at the rest. Although we do have that danged dog. :D Jeff and I married here in Oregon only to have it deemed "null and void". Still are in our hearts though - that's what's important anyway - at least for now. Just celebrated our 14th in October. OK....politics aside.

Hey Andrew - I'm with you - anchovies are fine. What would a good tableside prepared Ceasar be without them??? Greetings to Ed & Hubble.

Cheers,

Joe :p

LOL..Between doggie day care, doggie spas, and doggie gourmet shops, I think some people spend more on dogs than children :)

Probably all us lawyers...

The dentists have their hands in somone's mouth...

The doctors are all out on the golf course...

It's us lawyers who sit at a computer all day and this is a great diversion from contracts, leases and court documents...

Besides, doesn't it seem like everyone has a law degree nowadays?

Reminds me of the old joke:

A lawyer has a leak in his kitchen sink, so he calls up a plumber...

The plumber comes out to the house, takes a look at the sink, pulls out a wrench and gives the pipe one small twist...He then looks at the Lawyer and says "That'll be $300"

The lawyer is astonished..."$300!!! You couldn't have spent more than five minutes...Why, at that rate, that would be $3,600 an hour! I'm one of the top lawyers in town and I can't charge MY clients $3,600 an hour!"

To which the plumber responds: "Neither could I when I was a lawyer..."

That is a really cute joke :)

Part of what makes it so funny, is that it is so true. There are many blue collar workers who earn considerably more than professionals.

I am in the "college but no degree category".....no exaggeration.

College and I didn't get along. After 2 years, I was outa there.

I work full time and on Dec 3rd I will be having my 15 year Anniversary

with the company.

Divorced for 20 years.

Like Kitty, we single folks love to cruise too:)

This poll is fun.

I also have a dog, he is way more spoiled than a child would be and probably costs more to raise.

Canderson - What's wrong with anchovies? Love them on a pizza. :D I see you're off to another cruise soon. I'm sure it'll be a great one.

Is the X Pas average age really 58? Last years cruise seemed that most people were late 30's early 40's by majority. there were retirement aged people but not as many as there were younger folks.

The responses to this survey seem to indicate that Celebrity Cruisers are much more diverse than the impression one would get from reading a travel guide. Even though this is a very unscientific poll for a number of obvious reasons, its results are more in line with what I have personally observed during our cruises aboard Celebrity Ships than the image portrayed in travel guides.

I've spent about a year of my life in Japan altogether, so I figure I know something about acquired tastes (stay AWAY from "natto" -- smells like sweatsocks worn in a marathon:eek: ), and found 99% of everything was acceptable if not great. But somehow, have just never been able to warm up to anchovies. I remember my first trip back in 1980. They figured the gaijin would survive pizza for dinner. I'd never had a fish pizza before........

Canderson - What's wrong with anchovies? Love them on a pizza. :D I see you're off to another cruise soon. I'm sure it'll be a great one.

Is the X Pas average age really 58? Last years cruise seemed that most people were late 30's early 40's by majority. there were retirement aged people but not as many as there were younger folks.

See note above on anchovies!

Yup, we're off to Galveston 2 weeks from yesterday. Looking forward to it!

That the 58 number probably isn't that far off, although I'd have put it at 53 or so if I'd had to guess. Will be interesting to see the poll numbers increase a bit to see if any larger sample changes anything.

DH used to tend bar for a friend on Chicago's near north side. The owner had Ed remove the pimentos from the green olives and put anchovies in instead. This was a very long time ago, but he still will not eat them. I miss them in Caesar Salads...

And, while SS and I might disagree sometimes (politely, I hope:) ), let's stop 'grading' the quality of this poll- made for an interesting diversion for me for a few posts, so that right there makes it worth it (for me):D

Andrew

Andrew, I didn't mean to grade the poll, I just wanted a chance to apply some of my well honed exaggeration skills:D

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's interesting, even if you don't add categories together, how many cruisers are still working. Certainly not the usually stereotype of cruising being only for those who are retired. It is one of the things we like about Celebrity- not that EVERYONE is younger, but that there are people from all age groups- mixing it up with the more senior AND more junior folks is a lot more fun, especially as I'm heading from the latter towards the former more rapdily than I'd like!:D Seriously, good mix of pax.

Andrew

I'm surprised there aren't more single people and I would like to know the age range involved, too.

hard to say: we are way past prime as you younger folks would say, our kids cruise Celebrity and are mid 40s, our granddaughters are late teens, early 20s. I do remember a few years ago a survey that showed: RCI average age mid 40s and Celebrity mid 50s. NMnita

Archived