Boston Hotel with Reliable Shuttle service

Mary229

We are leaving from Boston on August 2 and need a hotel Tuesday night. We are simply flying in and boarding the next morning so sightseeing is not on the plan either. It is all about convenience and having points I am not terribly concerned about the hotel price. I would prefer a hotel with a reliable, free or low cost, shuttle service. I noticed that most hotels do not offer a breakfast but if you know of one that does I like that option, too. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any input. :)

We are leaving from Boston on August 2 and need a hotel Tuesday night. We are simply flying in and boarding the next morning so sightseeing is not on the plan either. It is all about convenience and having points I am not terribly concerned about the hotel price. I would prefer a hotel with a reliable, free or low cost, shuttle service. I noticed that most hotels do not offer a breakfast but if you know of one that does I like that option, too. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any input. :)

It is going to be difficult to get everything on your list. What kind of points do you have? The downtown hotels are very expensive and don't have shuttles. The airport hotels have airport shuttles but no cruiseport shuttles. The hotels in other areas which offer an airport shuttle and a cruiseport shuttle are in fringe areas. This would include the Doubletree in Dorchester, the Best Western Adams in Quincy, and the Holiday Inn Express in Dorchester.

If you want a nicer hotel close to the airport and the cruise port, you want to look at the Seaport District where there is the Westin Convention Center, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Seaport Hotel, the Element, the Envoy, and Aloft. These are about a $25 cab fare from the Airport and a $10 cab fare to the Black Falcon Terminal.

At the airport itself (on or very close to the Logan property) are the Hilton, the Hyatt Regency, and Embassy Suites. Cab to the cruiseport should be about $25. Other "airport" hotels with airport shuttles are actually in Revere, Chelsea, Winthrop, and Saugus.

It is going to be difficult to get everything on your list. What kind of points do you have? The downtown hotels are very expensive and don't have shuttles. The airport hotels have airport shuttles but no cruiseport shuttles. The hotels in other areas which offer an airport shuttle and a cruiseport shuttle are in fringe areas. This would include the Doubletree in Dorchester, the Best Western Adams in Quincy, and the Holiday Inn Express in Dorchester.

If you want a nicer hotel close to the airport and the cruise port, you want to look at the Seaport District where there is the Westin Convention Center, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Seaport Hotel, the Element, the Envoy, and Aloft. These are about a $25 cab fare from the Airport and a $10 cab fare to the Black Falcon Terminal.

At the airport itself (on or very close to the Logan property) are the Hilton, the Hyatt Regency, and Embassy Suites. Cab to the cruiseport should be about $25. Other "airport" hotels with airport shuttles are actually in Revere, Chelsea, Winthrop, and Saugus.

Thank you, that is very helpful. My points are Chase Sapphire and I have enough for almost any hotel. Besides breakfast I am concerned that the shuttles may not be reliable and I will pay taxis anyway. By fringe, do you mean far away or not a good neighborhood?

Thank you, that is very helpful. My points are Chase Sapphire and I have enough for almost any hotel. Besides breakfast I am concerned that the shuttles may not be reliable and I will pay taxis anyway. By fringe, do you mean far away or not a good neighborhood?

A little of both. Honestly I can't speak to the reliability of the shuttles at the Doubletree or Holiday Inn Express. My husband has stayed at the Best Western and he had trouble contacting their shuttle to pick him up after a late arrival. He killed a lot of time after a long trip waiting for shuttle transportation. He's now also stayed at the Howard Johnson's and Comfort Inn and took a pass on the Ramada. Comfort Inn is his favorite, but these are all basically 2.5* hotels.

Personally, my advice would be to check out the Seaport Area hotels and just pay for a cab. The Seaport Hotel would be my first choice followed by the Renaissance. They are all fine, but those two hotels are closest to the waterfront.

A little of both. Honestly I can't speak to the reliability of the shuttles at the Doubletree or Holiday Inn Express. My husband has stayed at the Best Western and he had trouble contacting their shuttle to pick him up after a late arrival. He killed a lot of time after a long trip waiting for shuttle transportation. He's now also stayed at the Howard Johnson's and Comfort Inn and took a pass on the Ramada. Comfort Inn is his favorite, but these are all basically 2.5* hotels.

Personally, my advice would be to check out the Seaport Area hotels and just pay for a cab. The Seaport Hotel would be my first choice followed by the Renaissance. They are all fine, but those two hotels are closest to the waterfront.

Thank you. :)