How strict are celebrity with boarding time?

ajs77

Hello all

I am taking my first cruise on 29 April 2017. As such my cruise documents have just arrived. It states boarding time of 1pm for deck 8 in Southampton.

How strict are they at enforcing this. My lift to the port can only drop me off about 12 midday. Will I be allowed to board or be asked to wait until my time? Can I contact celebrity to ask if I can board earlier?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Alison

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always arrive at 11:00 am. Some times you can check in and wait in the terminal until they call your category in foreign ports, and most times when boarding in Florida they let you check in and board even at 11:00!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always go to the port early and have never been turned away or asked to wait till a certain time. You can check in when you get there but might have to wait a few minutes till you can actually board the ship. Enjoy you cruise!:)

you should not have a problem. celebrity stared to give boarding times on some cruises about a year ago in order to limit backups at terminal. These are "suggested" times and are not enforced.

The times for boarding are 'suggested' times rather than enforced. As others have said, boarding is not usually long and there is not usually too much wait time. This cruise, however, is straight after the TA cruise...always the possibility of a short delay. There is always on all cruises the possibility of a longer delay if, for example, there has been a Noro outbreak. Celebrity do usually warn you by email if this is the case.

We always arrive at the port early, keep our hand luggage as light as possible (rooms not available until 1-1.30pm) and have a bottle of water just incase there is a delay. As the ship is scheduled to leave at 4pm on this cruise I think they will be packing everyone in asap!

Have you documents in hand with credit card and passport. There are 30 people to check passengers in. I usually arrive at 11:30 . If 5pm departure get there by 3:30pm . Check in takes most of the time 10 to 25 minutes. Vancouver is an exception. Have a nice cruise.

Check in takes most of the time 10 to 25 minutes. Vancouver is an exception. Have a nice cruise.

I think there are a lot of exceptions. I've waited a loooong time in some ports. Also depends on when you arrive noon till 2 seems the busiest time.