Clothes steamer?

Harrylinden

If Celebrity would have self service laundry on their ships; the problem would be solved.

Maybe on a 50 day cruise but who would want to take the time to do HOME, Mundane task on a cruise.

I know we arn,t allowed an iron on board but can I take a clothes steamer to get the wrinkles out?

I have always taken mine never tried to hide the fact and have the steamer in my carry on as I walk through security. Page 10 of the "Guest Ticket Booklet", (part of our Travel Documents) that we all receive states it very clear with no mention of clothes steamers not being allowed.:)

Security Screening And Prohibited Items Celebrity Cruises highest priority is to ensure the safety and security of all guests. In order to maintain an effective and meaningful security environment and to comply with international and national security laws, regulations, and guidelines, Celebrity Cruises has established strict security procedures in the seaport terminals we utilize and on board all our vessels. These measures include screening all guests and their personal property. For the safety of our guests and crew, there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned. Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas, Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors* , Illegal Drugs & Substances , Candles & Incense, Cofee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates , Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows, Skateboards & Surfboards, Martial Arts Gear, Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks, HAM Radios, Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint; Alcoholic Beverages**; Hookah Pipes. *Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed. **Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fee

I love these boards. I've just saved room in my suitcase by removing the power strip and steamer. Since we're flying, I would have kicked myself if those got confiscated and I'd wasted that space.

I have always taken mine never tried to hide the fact and have the steamer in my carry on as I walk through security. Page 10 of the "Guest Ticket Booklet", (part of our Travel Documents) that we all receive states it very clear with no mention of clothes steamers not being allowed.:)

Security Screening And Prohibited Items Celebrity Cruises highest priority is to ensure the safety and security of all guests. In order to maintain an effective and meaningful security environment and to comply with international and national security laws, regulations, and guidelines, Celebrity Cruises has established strict security procedures in the seaport terminals we utilize and on board all our vessels. These measures include screening all guests and their personal property. For the safety of our guests and crew, there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned. Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas, Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors* , Illegal Drugs & Substances , Candles & Incense, Cofee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates , Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows, Skateboards & Surfboards, Martial Arts Gear, Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks, HAM Radios, Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint; Alcoholic Beverages**; Hookah Pipes. *Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed. **Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fee

You might want to check Celebritys website again.I was just on there and Travel steamers are forbidden!!written right after clothes irons!! Take a look

y of our guests and crew, there are certain items that are not allowed on board. If these are found, they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned. Prohibited items are at the discretion of the Chief Security Officer and the Staff Captain and include, but are not limited to:

• • Firearms and ammunition, including realistic replicas
  • • Sharp objects, including knives and scissors*
  • • Illegal drugs and substances
  • • Candles, incense, coffee makers, clothes irons, travel steamers and hot plates (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighters are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and are therefore prohibited.)
  • • Electrical extension cords
  • • Baseball bats, hockey sticks, cricket bats, bows, and arrows
  • • Skateboards and surfboards
  • • Martial-arts gear
  • • Aerial drones
  • • Self-defense, including handcuffs, pepper spray, and night sticks
  • • Flammable liquids, including lighter fluid
  • • Explosives, including fireworks
  • • Hookahs & water hookah pipes
  • • Ham radios
  • • Dangerous chemicals, including bleach and paint
  • • Alcoholic beverages** (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing.)

Hi there

First time Celebrity cruise coming up. :)

I was under the impression that a power strip was permitted as long as it didn't have a surge protector. Am I wrong here? It is for the use of a medical device.

thanks for any help

Read the web site. "Candles, incense, coffee makers, clothes irons, travel steamers" are prohibited! Its a safety rule! Obey it for the safety of not only you but all the others on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might want to check Celebritys website again.I was just on there and Travel steamers are forbidden!!written right after clothes irons!! Take a look

I am well aware of what their marketing website says but this is not what my

Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract says. The Contract contains important limitations on the rights of passengers. For me, my written contract supersedes all. A steamer is no more dangerous than charging a cell phone maybe less so. All steamers have an automatic shut off on them should the steamer get too hot as to cause a fire. Plus if this was an important safety issue they surely would have it in the written Ticket Contract. Of course, they are free to take this from my screened carry-on bag if it becomes an issue. Guests traveling with me have had their travel iron taken it is easy to understand why. I know this is a gray area this is why I do not pack it in my luggage but carry it on.

Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract says. The Contract contains important limitations on the rights of passengers. For me, my written contract supersedes all. A steamer is no more dangerous than charging a cell phone maybe less so. All steamers have an automatic shut off on them should the steamer get too hot as to cause a fire. Plus if this was an important safety issue they surely would have it in the written Ticket Contract. Of course, they are free to take this from my screened carry-on bag if it becomes an issue. Guests traveling with me have had their travel iron taken it is easy to understand why. I know this is a gray area this is why I do not pack it in my luggage but carry it on.

Your ticket contract also says "Carrier reserves the right to refuse to permit any Passenger to take on board the Vessel or on any mode of Transport any item Carrier deems inappropriate." Later in the contract it refers specifically to the "Before You Go" section of their website, which says steamers are not allowed. So while you may have gotten away with it in the past, it could very easily be refused in the future.

You make me laugh southernbreezes.RULES and regulations apply to everyone but you! If a cruiseline says NOT to take certain items on board,then just leave them at home. Problem solved!! EVERYONE including you should abide by a cruiselines rules and regulations for the saftey of all the passengers on board! SMDH

i

It's not a grey area, period.

Hi there

First time Celebrity cruise coming up. :)

I was under the impression that a power strip was permitted as long as it didn't have a surge protector. Am I wrong here? It is for the use of a medical device.

thanks for any help

Surge Protector is not the issue. A power strip with the ability to plug in more than one device at a time is the issue. A good old fashioned what we call 'extension cord' for one item to power is acceptable. If you don't want to bring one, ask your room steward upon boarding and they provide it. This is recent experience I'm posting from. I know that matters to some.

The cloth steamer is probably one of the worst electronics on power drawn. It has to heat up the water really quick to provide steam. When I plug in my steamer at home at the outlet, the light above immediately dimmed. It doesn't happen with the iron.

So if a few cabins next to each other sharing a circuit decided to all steam their clothes right before dinner time....it could trip the circuit breaker.