Classic Beverage package- on New Edge Ship

divaofdisney

We have opted for the beverage package this time as one of our free perks and it allows up to $8 per drink- and $6 for beer- I was wondering if you all could give the approximate cost on board of say a vodka/tonic and drink of day on deck- and beer if Celebrity has this?? We have never sailed with Celebrity before so I am just wondering what the average cost for a drink is?? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

We always have the drink package so I can't be a lot of help on prices of drinks but can tell you that drinks like vodka & tonic, gin & tonic, rum & coke, pina colada's, margarita's and on and on are covered by the Classic package.

For the most part the difference between the Classic & Premium package is the brand of alcohol the drink is made with. A vodka & tonic made with Absolute, Stolichnaya or Smirnoff is covered by the Classic package. I you want it made with Ketel One, Grey Goose or Belevedere then it is outside of the Classic package limits. Those alcohols are on the Premium package.

If you go to the Celebrity Site and look at the beverage packages or do a search here you can find a list of the the brands of alcohol covered by the packages and also the beers.

We always have the drink package so I can't be a lot of help on prices of drinks but can tell you that drinks like vodka & tonic, gin & tonic, rum & coke, pina colada's, margarita's and on and on are covered by the Classic package.

For the most part the difference between the Classic & Premium package is the brand of alcohol the drink is made with. A vodka & tonic made with Absolute, Stolichnaya or Smirnoff is covered by the Classic package. I you want it made with Ketel One, Grey Goose or Belevedere then it is outside of the Classic package limits. Those alcohols are on the Premium package.

If you go to the Celebrity Site and look at the beverage packages or do a search here you can find a list of the the brands of alcohol covered by the packages and also the beers.

Ok so I know my hubby prefers Ketel One- do they just charge you the difference? And can we upgrade to the premium package from the classic with just difference in cost per day? I know it seems like from what you've stated we will need to do this. Thanks.

If you have the Classic Beverage Package and order a drink over your price point you will be charged the full amount of the drink. If you have the Premium Package and order a drink over your price point you will only be charged the difference. One or both of you can upgrade for just the difference per day from the Classic to the Premium. Sometimes it makes sense to give it a day or so trial to see if you want to upgrade. You can do so, prorata up to the last three nights of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I drink Ketel one when travelling and it's usually included in the classic package, irrespective of what you read. If you have the classic package and you order a drink that costs more than the limit, you are charged the full price for that drink. If you have the premium package and order a drink that is more than the limit, you are only charged the difference in price.

You can upgrade from classic to premium for the difference in price $10 plus 18% gratuity per day...and you can do this at any bar on the ship or at guest services. There actually is no reason to upgrade in advance...in fact if you upgrade on the ship you can use your OBC to pay for the upgrade rather than booking in advance which requires you to pay in advance.

Keep your classic package and when you get on board, go to a bar and ask if your preferred drink is included in the classic package. Then decide if you want to upgrade.

BTW...suggest to your husband that he try Tito's Vodka (yup...made in Texas). It's slightly less expensive and IMHO and many others, it's actually better than ketel one....and it's becoming available in more and more bars. Not sure if it's on Celebrity ships yet.