JAXPort - Staggered Check-In?

crescentic

Good Afternoon!

I am new around here! I am about to head out on my first cruise in 2 weeks. :cool:

Anyway, has JAXport officially started staggered check-ins?

I am just curious if there is any flexibility to checking in any earlier than what the online check-in time is scheduled for. I completed my online check in yesterday and it gave me 2:30PM as our check in time. I was hoping to board a bit earlier than that though..

I'm assuming no, but I haven't seen anywhere where Jacksonville was listed as officially transitioning to staggered check in.

TIA

I was told by my PVP that they are doing it for JAX now, and that they are being firm... That being said, I have not tired to go earlier than my time...

You could try to get FTTF if they still have it.

I cant imagine that they would really want you there at 2:30pm at the earliest... as sail away is at 4pm...

I was told by my PVP that they are doing it for JAX now, and that they are being firm... That being said, I have not tired to go earlier than my time...

I cant imagine that they would really want you there at 2:30pm at the earliest... as sail away is at 4pm...

I am concerned because my husband and I are flying in the night before at staying at hotel but we have to be checked out by 11AM, so not being able to board til 2:30PM seems like we'll be stuck hanging out in the hotel lobby for a few hours before could arrive at the port.

• 4 months later...

Here's a twist..... Make sure the Port Guard sees your Boarding Pass! Highlight your Priority/FTTF , by circling, underling, highlighting...etc!

Sometimes they are not up to date on the Staggered Checkin.

I usually have of copy of the CCL staggered boarding policy in my folder.

If that doesn't work ask for a SUPERVISOR!!

I hope this process has been refined at JAXPORT by now....

Edited by jwjax

Here's a twist..... Make sure the Port Guard sees your Boarding Pass! Highlight your Priority/FTTF , by circling, underling, highlighting...etc!

Sometimes they are not up to date on the Staggered Checkin.

I usually have of copy of the CCL staggered boarding policy in my folder.

If that doesn't work ask for a SUPERVISOR!!

I hope this process has been refined at JAXPORT by now....

Nowhere did threadstarter say that they had FTTF or Priority.

Nowhere did threadstarter say that they had FTTF or Priority.

You are correct! I guess I should have quoted post #2, as that is what caught my attention, and hence, my reply.:)

Post # 2 - I was told by my PVP that they are doing it for JAX now, and that they are being firm... That being said, I have not tired to go earlier than my time...

I am concerned because my husband and I are flying in the night before at staying at hotel but we have to be checked out by 11AM, so not being able to board til 2:30PM seems like we'll be stuck hanging out in the hotel lobby for a few hours before could arrive at the port.

One thing you could also try is asking your hotel if they'll give you late checkout- say til noon or 12:30- for free. Then make your way to the port... I'm guessing that past 1:30 or so it's more a case of show up, check in & board, since they're getting closer to sailaway. It can't hurt to try to arrive around 1:30 and see if they'll let you check in early once the 1:30 bunch is done...

One thing you could also try is asking your hotel if they'll give you late checkout- say til noon or 12:30- for free. Then make your way to the port... I'm guessing that past 1:30 or so it's more a case of show up, check in & board, since they're getting closer to sailaway. It can't hurt to try to arrive around 1:30 and see if they'll let you check in early once the 1:30 bunch is done...

At NOLA and Mobile they do not let you enter the terminal building until your check in time, I would not want to wait outside for an hour awaiting my time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OP, can you please report back here and let us know your experience? We sail after you and I am curious. There is more going on at Jaxport than just staggered check-in. The earliest check-in allowed is 1pm, whereas it used to be 11am. I would like to know if they are really adhering to not letting anyone in the terminal before 1pm.

OP, can you please report back here and let us know your experience? We sail after you and I am curious. There is more going on at Jaxport than just staggered check-in. The earliest check-in allowed is 1pm, whereas it used to be 11am. I would like to know if they are really adhering to not letting anyone in the terminal before 1pm.

We are sailing this Wednesday, have FTTF and have a check in assigned time of 12:00 (I know we can check in anytime). Where do you find what the earliest check in time is? I see people referring to it but don't know where to find it?

OP - "ditto" on a report please!

I think I read that the later check in times were due to upgrading cabins etc., prior to dry dock. But, we are sailing post dry dock...3-4 weeks after, and still only see 1pm check in times??:confused:

We are sailing this Wednesday, have FTTF and have a check in assigned time of 12:00 (I know we can check in anytime). Where do you find what the earliest check in time is? I see people referring to it but don't know where to find it?

Would love to hear your experience on Wednesday. There isn't really a way to know the earliest time, I just know I booked this cruise over a year ago and originally picked an 11am time and was changed to 1pm. I assume that is the earliest time. Our departure has also changed to 5pm and I noticed several other sailings were also changed to 5pm. You say you can check in "any time" with FTTF, but I am not sure what that "any time" is...it may be noon in your case. Please let us know if you are able to get in earlier.

Would love to hear your experience on Wednesday. There isn't really a way to know the earliest time, I just know I booked this cruise over a year ago and originally picked an 11am time and was changed to 1pm. I assume that is the earliest time. Our departure has also changed to 5pm and I noticed several other sailings were also changed to 5pm. You say you can check in "any time" with FTTF, but I am not sure what that "any time" is...it may be noon in your case. Please let us know if you are able to get in earlier.

Received an email today that boarding this Thursday starts at 12:30 (I accidentally said Wednesday in my post yesterday).

Received an email today that boarding this Thursday starts at 12:30 (I accidentally said Wednesday in my post yesterday).

Thanks for reporting that. That is good to know. I wonder why so late? I also wonder if it is really true. We sail on the 21st and since we are staying at a hotel nearby, we will probably head over early and hope for the best. I got FTTF so maybe that will help (others in our group are platinum and suite so I didn't want to be left out!). Report back if you decide to go earlier! Report back regardless and tell us about your cruise! Have a great cruise!