Anthem - Many Questions

Tell us what you will drink each day (including port days) and we can tell you if you will save money with the drink package.

Hi Clarea, husband will drink a few beers mainly, wine at dinner & perhaps sea days a mixed drinks at pool. Me maybe 4 drinks ..but not everyday ..Boy, we sound as we drink a lot![emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Clarea, husband will drink a few beers mainly, wine at dinner & perhaps sea days a mixed drinks at pool. Me maybe 4 drinks ..but not everyday ..Boy, we sound as we drink a lot![emoji16]

I don't think you will come out ahead with the drink package.

Your husband, maybe, depends how may beers. If you mean 3 beers, one glass of wine and one mixed drink, it's close to breakeven if you get the package for $48/day. If you have to pay full price for the package ($55/day or more), then it's better to pay singly.

I've been looking at menus when people were posting live and on reviews and I haven't seen any lobster other than the extra charge lobster, by maybe one of our recent returnees can give us the whole story.

I think lobster may be limited to sailings of 7 days or longer and is usually on the second formal night.

when we were on Anthem last year..when we boarded we purchased a special for restuarants...I believe it was pick 3 specialty restaurants for 70-80...does anyone know if they are still doing this?????

yes they are still doing it.

3 night is listed as 111.35 cad - probably around 85 usd conversion

I'm not currently keen about Staten Island because of the intermittent and unpredictable Bayonne Bridge closures. I'm assuming you know you will have to pay a $15 toll to get from NJ to Staten Island.

What route are you coming in from Ohio? I80, I78, or NJ Turnpike? You are 4 adults - how many rooms and bed configuration? What kind of points do you have. What would be your hotel budget/room.

I am planning on booking the May 20th cruise, I would be driving from Ohio taking I-80 through PA. What is a good location for a pre-night hotel stay before driving to the port the morning of the cruise? I am open to driving an hour or so if that means staying further away to save on the cost of a hotel. Thank you all for this thread, I have learned a lot about the Anthem.

I am planning on booking the May 20th cruise, I would be driving from Ohio taking I-80 through PA. What is a good location for a pre-night hotel stay before driving to the port the morning of the cruise? I am open to driving an hour or so if that means staying further away to save on the cost of a hotel. Thank you all for this thread, I have learned a lot about the Anthem.

That's a good plan. Look at the Parsippany, NJ area. Hotwire has several 3*+ hotels starting at under $100. These are nice hotels that cater to business travelers on weekdays and are significantly reduced on weekend nights.

Wave when you pass us or we pass you on 80. We are coming from Dublin, OH and are on the May 20th Anthem cruise. On a prior trip, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Parsippany, NJ. I don't know about cost, but it was fewer points than in closer. We really like it both times we stayed there. This time, I wanted to be closer, so we decided on the Springhill Suites by the Newark Airport.

yes they are still doing it.

3 night is listed as 111.35 cad - probably around 85 usd conversion

is it cheaper to pre-book this before you board or would the on board prices be better?

You can get a Groupon for the Parsippany Sheraton Hotel for $89.00 for a deluxe King Room. About 40 minute drive to the port.

Ann,

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread (I may have missed it). A good place for sail away is the bridge wings, right off the solarium on either side. You go far forward in the Solarium (port & starboard), and there is a door to the bridge wing. The only drawback could be that a large group could arrange to meet there, too.

Eileen

Another question.

Are the sandwiches at two70 premed or can you custom order them? We have some picky eaters.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Right at the beginning of the line there is a fridge with pre-made sandwiches. But right after that, there is an order counter and seen people have custom made sandwiches. That is also where you get the Roast Beef/ kummelweck sandwich and pick up your bag of Lays chips.:D If your looking for a custom made salad, you walk by that line and head for the counter across from the entrance.

I had those Roast beef Sandwiches 3 or 4 times for lunch in one week.

dp

Right at the beginning of the line there is a fridge with pre-made sandwiches. But right after that, there is an order counter and seen people have custom made sandwiches. That is also where you get the Roast Beef/ kummelweck sandwich and pick up your bag of Lays chips.:D If your looking for a custom made salad, you walk by that line and head for the counter across from the entrance.

I had those Roast beef Sandwiches 3 or 4 times for lunch in one week.

dp

Is there any charge for the food at 270?

MARAPRINCE

Is there any charge for the food at 270?

MARAPRINCE

Nope, but there is a specialty coffee counter so if you do not have a beverage package, there is a fee for those coffees, however there is also a regular coffee station. Some nice deserts are at the specialty coffee station but no charge for the deserts.

dp

Nope, but there is a specialty coffee counter so if you do not have a beverage package, there is a fee for those coffees, however there is also a regular coffee station. Some nice deserts are at the specialty coffee station but no charge for the deserts.

dp

Great! Not into speciality coffees. Desserts may be worth checking out. Do you know if any of the desserts are sugar free? My cabin mate is diabetic.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Great! Not into speciality coffees. Desserts may be worth checking out. Do you know if any of the desserts are sugar free? My cabin mate is diabetic.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

No direct experience on Anthem, but I've seen sugar-free desserts at Cafe Promenade on other ships.

. Do you know if any of the desserts are sugar free?

MARAPRINCE

At Two70 you would find the usual sugar free desserts served in Windjammer. Today I saw the s.f. Cheesecake. Cafe Promanade always has a sugar free cookie.

The soft serve Ice cream ... I did not see any logical schedule to it being opened.

dp

The official hours are 11 - 8:30. But it breaks down a lot, and you are lucky if you catch it when one of the nozzles (out of six) are working - never mind getting the flavour you wanted.

The official hours are 11 - 8:30. But it breaks down a lot, and you are lucky if you catch it when one of the nozzles (out of six) are working - never mind getting the flavour you wanted.

Yes, this is exactly right. Your best bet for smaller lines, like most ship amenities, is on a sea day. But, it's not guaranteed to be working!

So, I'm looking and pictures and deck plans and trying to put things together. So, outdoor pools are on 14 with extra seating up around 15. Is there somewhere outside on 16?

Is there an outside area by the Seaplex, or is it all inside?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Yes there is an outside, but I don't think much seating. The flowrider and I-fly are there as well as the giraffe. Do you mean seating in lounge chairs or just seating? The flowrider has observation seating.