Anthem - specialty restaurant deal

Hello!

We are boarding the Anthem in a couple weeks and see there are 4 and 5 night specialty dining packages available at discounted rates of $100 and $115 respectively. Has anyone does this and if so, can you share your experience? Are you able to go to the same restaurant multiple times (like if we really wanted, could we go to Chops all nights?)

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

Hello!

We are boarding the Anthem in a couple weeks and see there are 4 and 5 night specialty dining packages available at discounted rates of $100 and $115 respectively. Has anyone does this and if so, can you share your experience? Are you able to go to the same restaurant multiple times (like if we really wanted, could we go to Chops all nights?)

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

They will assign you to times and places, but 9,999 times out of 10,000, you can change once you are on board.

They will assign you to times and places, but 9,999 times out of 10,000, you can change once you are on board.

are you serious? i had read you must go nite 1 or 2, but i dont remember seeing them forcing times and places on you

if this is true then geez. that is really nuts. the point of making reservations 90/120/150/1000 days before is to lock in a time and place so i know what i'm going to be eating that nite.

also changing things on the ship seems to be a certain disappointment as the times/ places you want could be booked up

who thought of this crazy idea?

We did the three night package last summer. In order to have some control over when/where we ate, we booked and paid for two specialty restaurants prior to the cruise, then converted to the 3 night package and added another once we boarded. The price difference was refunded as onboard credit. They honored our initial reservations, and it was very easy to add the third. Chops was fabulous, but I agree with the post above - definitely try Jamie's and Wonderland!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I tried to book the BOGO package for my May 13th sailing on the Grandeur and found out you can't specify which restaurant and what time you want they make the choices for you which you receive when you get onboard. I wanted 8:00pm at Chops on night one and was told that I could not use the BOGO deal since I was picking a certain Restaurant and time so I just went ahead and made a regular reservation. If you don't care about the restaurant choice or time choice it's a good deal but if you want specific choices it won't work.

i really hope everyone is joking. i'm still shaking my head, i pay for them to tell me where and what to eat. c'mon people..tell me this is a joke.

it doesnt say this anywhere on the pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

If you want to specify exactly what restaurant, day, and time, then you make a specific reservation and pay full price. If you want the discount, then you take a chance at being able to change whatever they assign onboard.

how can they get away with this being that its not in the terms and conditions? NCL sucks for fine print and it may be 50 pages long to read theirs, but at least they let you eat when you want with the special packages.

You can eat when you want and it has been explained to you on every thread you have asked this same question on. You just need to go change your assigned restaurant and time if it is not what you want.

This is how the specialty dining package works on Royal Caribbean. If you like how NCL handles things, you should just cancel Anthem and go sail Breakaway again. You have posted complaints about almost everything on Anthem and you haven't even sailed it yet. There is no way you are going to enjoy a ship that you already complain about constantly.

I have book the three specialty restaurant package and after scouring all the boards this is what I understand:

BOGO, which is the two restaurant package, you're required to eat in the specialty restaurant on the first day.

For three or more restaurant package, you get to choose day one or day two and you pick the time.

They assigned you the first restaurant at the time you selected.

They then a assign two more restaurants – they pick the restaurant, night, and time – HOWEVER, when you get on board you can simply give them a list of the three restaurants you want, the nights, and the times, and it can pretty much be accommodated.

Yours is the first post I have read with these concerns. Pretty much everyone has said it's no problem to change the restaurant, night, what time.