warm milk for kids before bedtime

Hello !

Newbie cruiser here going on Golden Princess bound to Tasmania, Australia - and my 2 kids (4 and 6 years old) need warm milk before they can sleep well at bedtime.

What would be the best solution for this ? Possible solutions I could think of:

• room service - possible to order warm milk ?
  • fresh milk - but needs fridge and something to warm it (no kettle in cabin as far as i know ?)
  • powder milk - but requires hot water

Thanks for reading !

You do have a small refrigerator in your cabin. You may need to call room service to have them remove the mini-bar to have much room for storing milk.

I don't know if you could order warm milk from room service. If you did, it may not still be warm by the time you get it. I also don't know if you would be able to get warm milk in the Horizon Court or the International Café. You can ask.

How hot does the water need to be for the powder milk? The tap water is perfectly good for drinking, but I don't know it if would be hot enough for you.

I recommend you ask a head waiter in the main dining room. Explain what you need and ask him what the best way to get it would be. I think he will be able to find a way.

The International cafe (IC) should be able to give you hot milk. This is where I get my hot chocolate from when I cruise. Remember it will be hot let it cool down. :D

The IC on the Golden is on plaza deck 5 in the center by the panoramic lifts.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Call room service. They will deliver warm milk. My 3yo grandson loves it. Don't forget to tip the delivery person.

You are on an Australian cruise, the tips are built into your fare. The room service staff do not expect to be tipped on an Australian cruise and I don't expect you want to tote bags of $1 or $2 coins about.

Of course if you have a regular room service attendant and they go above and beyond during your cruise, feel free to show your appreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are on an Australian cruise, the tips are built into your fare. The room service staff do not expect to be tipped on an Australian cruise and I don't expect you want to tote bags of $1 or $2 coins about.

Of course if you have a regular room service attendant and they go above and beyond during your cruise, feel free to show your appreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's great when other cc members tell you when to tip