Should my status be on my eboarding pass?

timesurfer7

Hi there. I am now Platinum (yeah!!!) and was wondering how the terminal staff know that I am Platinum and have priority check in? My eboarding pass does not show any thing about this. Is it the green top that denotes my status? Any help will be appreciated for this newbie.

Hi there. I am now Platinum (yeah!!!) and was wondering how the terminal staff know that I am Platinum and have priority check in? My eboarding pass does not show any thing about this. Is it the green top that denotes my status? Any help will be appreciated for this newbie.

That's it. ;)

Yes. That's it on the boarding pass. It is on the Luggage Tag where your status is printed.

We gave up on printing in color a few years ago when I switched to a B & W laser printer & haven't had any problems. As long as they can read the "preferred" writing you'll be fine.

I have done the same thing. No problem at all.

Tony

Good responses to the OP. Seems like the embarkation lines are getting more and more even length will the increased amount of Elite/Platinum and Suiteholders in the "preferred boarding" line vs the regular boarding group.

I don't have a solution other than picking better times of arrival at the terminal and trying to catch a seam. More and more folks are arriving as early as possible to enjoy the most time they can before the lines are singled.

I hate to disappoint a newbie to platinum, but you will probably find the regular line up shorter than the preferred boarding one.

As the saying goes 'Preferred Boarding' now days is 'Two a penny' no advantage to getting to your cabin sooner.

More platinum and Elites on board than newbies.

I hate to disappoint a newbie to platinum, but you will probably find the regular line up shorter than the preferred boarding one.

As the saying goes 'Preferred Boarding' now days is 'Two a penny' no advantage to getting to your cabin sooner.

More platinum and Elites on board than newbies.

Most times it very true but we have arrived around 11:30 & the regular line was extremely long & they just flagged us to enter the terminal quickly. Once inside the preferred always get to board before the rest so it does pay to be in that group.

We're usually finished with lunch in the Horizon before the lineup really gets long.

Also being preferred lets those people get a shot at eating in the DR as well as signing up for the Sanctuary if that your thing.....or at least get the better seating.

I hate to disappoint a newbie to platinum, but you will probably find the regular line up shorter than the preferred boarding one.As the saying goes 'Preferred Boarding' now days is 'Two a penny' no advantage to getting to your cabin sooner.More platinum and Elites on board than newbies.

I agree "preferred boarding" used to matter much more (years ago) and it still does go a little faster once you hit the terminal. The tray of sweets, coffee and water they put out are a nice touch while you wait.

IMHO the free internet time Platinum gets you is the one thing we enjoy the most.

Elite level liquor, laundry and priority tendering will also make a difference once we get there.

I agree "preferred boarding" used to matter much more (years ago) and it still does go a little faster once you hit the terminal. The tray of sweets, coffee and water they put out are a nice touch while you wait.

IMHO the free internet time Platinum gets you is the one thing we enjoy the most.

Elite level liquor, laundry and priority tendering will also make a difference once we get there.

We agree with all that plus the "special pricing of the drink of the day" in the Club 6 or Skywalkers venue at happy hour.

We agree with all that plus the "special pricing of the drink of the day" in the Club 6 or Skywalkers venue at happy hour.

Forgot about that and agree. We always had one or two and enjoyed the kicked-up appetizers they served. With late TD dining it was great to sit, relax and have a little something to eat and drink prior to dinner.

In San Pedro (LA) as well as some other ports such as Copenhagen and Barcelona, the check-in for Elite/Suite and then Platinum started before general check-in. There have been times in San Pedro where the line for the one Preferred luggage scanner was much longer than the other two scanners. I believe they stopped that separation some time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums