Activities geared for families/kids??

shellster1

Thanks so much for bearing with me. I have many questions!

On the CC official review, it lists activities such as a hairy chest contest, then daily games like trivia, jenga, taboo, pictionary, etc.. Is there anyone who can confirm? Are they fun for kids?

Also, can anyone confirm there's Xbox at kids club for the 9 year olds?? This might sway him to try out the club.

I'm reading some quite different opinions as far as kids go on this cruise line: Some reviewers say it's great for kids, some say maybe not as much as the other lines.

Here's what I am assuming will be PROS: ??

I like the waterslide and read it might go a little slower than some prefer. This will be great as my son is, umm... "risk-challenged". (My little chicken).:D

I think the bowling will be fun. ?? It's at a sports bar. I'm guessing it's ok for kids to go? Do they allow smoking in the sports bar?

Looks like the arcade will be fun, at a price. The 4D theater looks fun, and the ride simulator??

Are there do-it-yourself ice cream machines on board? Are they included, or for a fee?

I read there's a (for fee) cooking class at the kids club? This might actually get my son to want to go to the kids club! Can anyone confirm?

I read there's no music played on the lido deck. Really? I must have read this wrong. ??

(my assumption of the) possible CONS:

1) Not as "FUN" for kids?? I guess this means more adult-oriented? Although I'm reading mixed reports on this! My son loves production shows, so maybe this won't apply to him?

2) no comedy shows ( this one is a disappointment for us.) :(

3) no cartoon network, Disney channel, Nickolodeon, or other kid shows on the TV??

If this one's true, will the internet package work for Youtube and/or netflix / Itunes?? The kiddo likes to watch kid shows before hitting the sack.

So here's my story, if anyone's wondering why I'm fussing so much: I planned a RCCL cruise in June, but am thinking of canceling to go on this ship. At first, the rock-wall, zip line, wave rider, and ice skating rink sounded great! But then I thought about it more: As those activities will be a lot of fun to watch, my son is not going to try any of those things. He doesn't like risking injury. He's a funny little dude. He more into sports like swimming, golfing, tennis, or basketball. Not too much into sports that could potentially cause him to hurt himself. As much as I'd love for him to learn rock climbing and try to surf or zip-line, I know in my heart he's not going to do it. I've offered to take him to these things here at home, and he refuses, and I don't want to be THAT mom. That's why I'm now rethinking the RCCL cruise.

Our son was 10 on the cruise in February 2017.

I just asked him some of your questions. He says that the Kids Club has Wii and they played Mario Cart. He really enjoyed evenings in the kids club. He made a few friends and was happier eating with the club at the buffet than in the sit down restaurant.

On the tv in our cabin, Boomerang and TuneCast are the 2 kids' channels.

We all went on the waterslide which was great fun. It is not too fast and relatively smooth.

The sports bar bowling is non smoking. It's more of a bowling game than real bowling. We bought the $60 all week pass for the entire cabin to use on bowling, F1 racing and the 4D cinema. My son used this A LOT.

The ice cream machine on the pool deck is open specific hours each day. It's listed in the daily program. There is no fee. It was vanilla, chocolate and twist flavors.

Our son was 10 on the cruise in February 2017.

I just asked him some of your questions. He says that the Kids Club has Wii and they played Mario Cart. He really enjoyed evenings in the kids club. He made a few friends and was happier eating with the club at the buffet than in the sit down restaurant.

On the tv in our cabin, Boomerang and TuneCast are the 2 kids' channels.

We all went on the waterslide which was great fun. It is not too fast and relatively smooth.

The sports bar bowling is non smoking. It's more of a bowling game than real bowling. We bought the $60 all week pass for the entire cabin to use on bowling, F1 racing and the 4D cinema. My son used this A LOT.

The ice cream machine on the pool deck is open specific hours each day. It's listed in the daily program. There is no fee. It was vanilla, chocolate and twist flavors.

Thanks SO MUCH!! Every piece of info helps a lot.

We're in the same boat.... royal caribbean loyalist here but shocked by the pricing offered by MSC.

I'm thinking of booking the Seaside.

I'm worried about kids activities for our little ones too (ages 4/9) --- because it seems like legos and not much else.

I'm also wondering about the activities.... you pay for bowling? do you pay for other activities??

We're in the same boat.... royal caribbean loyalist here but shocked by the pricing offered by MSC.

I'm worried about kids activities for our little ones too (ages 4/9) --- because it seems like legos and not much else.

I'm also wondering about the activities.... you pay for bowling? do you pay for other activities??

Yes bowling, 4D cinema and F1 simulator are cost items unless you buy the pass, one off fee, which allows all cabin occupants unlimited access to the 4D cinema; bowling lanes and F1 simulator

Ok, One thing to consider is the Seaside is going to MUCH more family focused than any previous MSC ship. Multiple Water slides, water park, kids restaurant etc. I think it will be in the same league family wise as NCL or RCCL. However, I took my 2 five y/o on the Divina in Dec. and they loved the kids club. If you walked into it, it wasn't impressive to look at...it wasn't "Disney" looking. BUT the young women that worked it were amazing. My kids wanted to go and eat dinner with them...DW and I felt guilty after a while for not eating with our kids...we got over it ;). Here is another piece of advice for whatever its worth. I want my kids to love their vacation...but frankly...they don't chip in to pay for it. So we go, and they will have fun wherever we are. I think we parents worry too much about the kids fun...kids aren't that picky...they will be fine. AND you cannot beat the price on MSC. When I booked my Divina cruise I was looking at an NCL cruise that I have no doubt we would have loved...it may have even been "better" is some respects...but was it going to $1200 better?? Nope. And that was the difference.