Amsterdam to Basel

Travelw

We have done this trip twice from Basel to Amsterdam, with Viking, once in the summer and again in December. You will want to be on the top deck or the front of the ship to see the UNESCO area of the Rhine (castle area) and to hear the commentary about the castles as you approach each. On the first trip we bought a foldout map on the ship that shows the Rhine River and the details along the river.

Thanks so much for thr info. Not sure if we will do this trip this year or 2018. Looking forward to it though. We have completed 21 ocean cruises but this will be our first river cruise.

Dennis

Thanks so much for thr info. Not sure if we will do this trip this year or 2018. Looking forward to it though. We have completed 21 ocean cruises but this will be our first river cruise.

Dennis

Dennis, could I suggest you start looking into which line you want to go on, and when you wish to go? Some cruises fill up fast, so if you want to go this year, your room selection may not be available. The week we are going in 2018 will fill up (for our choice of cabin) early, so I booked well in advance. Most lines want final payment about 60-90 days before the cruise, so you can pay how you wish....all at once or by instalments.

I am going to be doing the Amsterdam to Basel route as well, and really looking forward to it. People on this board have been very helpful.