Just back from Escape

jchillin

Arrived home this am and I'm missing the ship already. I will do a full review tomorrow but I must say I don't understand the negative reviews. It was a fantastic time. Gorgeous ship, food hit or miss in the buffet...but it's a buffet. I ate there twice only. Had breakfast, lunch & dinners in the site down complimentary restaurants taste & savor and the food as well as service was fabulous. Osheeans also great. Did the French Restaurant, Le Bistro also fabulous & ala Cart, Food Republic delicious and the Braxton Supper Club was amazing. I will be booking again asap!!! More info and pics tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Arrived home this am and I'm missing the ship already. I will do a full review tomorrow but I must say I don't understand the negative reviews. It was a fantastic time. Gorgeous ship, food hit or miss in the buffet...but it's a buffet. I ate there twice only. Had breakfast, lunch & dinners in the site down complimentary restaurants taste & savor and the food as well as service was fabulous. Osheeans also great. Did the French Restaurant, Le Bistro also fabulous & ala Cart, Food Republic delicious and the Braxton Supper Club was amazing. I will be booking again asap!!! More info and pics tomorrow

Looking forward to your review. We have been to the Braxton supper club twice and enjoyed the intimate setting, music, and the lovely 5-course tasking menu.

I was on same cruise, the family and I had a blast. I'm experiencing the post cruise haze! My liver hurts and I can't get the "washy-washy" song out of my head.

I don't think you ever get "washy washy" out of your head. The Escape was the best cruise we've had.

I was on this cruise as well and agree with everything you said. We ate at Moderno, Bayamo, La Cucina, and Food Republic and had fabulous meals at all of them. Our meals at the main dining room were very good as well. As I work through the mountain of laundry, I dream of being back in the Thermal Suite!

So good to hear...we depart Saturday!! did anyone have wifi?

We bought the social chat package at $35/week in order to use Whatsapp. It worked well most of the time but once in a while some messages did not appear right away. Also, web surfing was slow most of the time.

Cant wait to read more! Sailing Escape in July with my dh for my 50th birthday!

I just got off the Getaway and even when our seas werent bad, the ship moved side to side not forward to backward and thanks for letting is know the Escape does the same. Didnt bother me but was sueprised at how much we swayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bought the social chat package at $35/week in order to use Whatsapp. It worked well most of the time but once in a while some messages did not appear right away. Also, web surfing was slow most of the time.

A good price to communicate with family thru social media.

Looking forward in reading more.

Question for you - gather the ship is easy to get around and is there any areas to avoid?

Both my wife and I will be sailing the Escape in the fall of the year.

Stay away from the main pool during sea days. It's like a refugee camp - too many people not enough resources.

Cant wait to read more! Sailing Escape in July with my dh for my 50th birthday!

I just got off the Getaway and even when our seas werent bad, the ship moved side to side not forward to backward and thanks for letting is know the Escape does the same. Didnt bother me but was sueprised at how much we swayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would never board another Getaway/Escape class cruise ship for their constant swaying. I've done 11 cruises so far and have never seen anything remotely similar to the rocking and swaying of the Escape, even in calm waters.