Guarantee Cabins.... Help please

We're having to change our cruise on Rhapsody in Aug due to my husband's work schedule being changed. The cost is now going to be a lot more expensive and we will loose our drinks package..... we are considering a guarantee OV but have never done this before .... just wondering what others thoughts are as the cost would be more in line with our original budget

We're having to change our cruise on Rhapsody in Aug due to my husband's work schedule being changed. The cost is now going to be a lot more expensive and we will loose our drinks package..... we are considering a guarantee OV but have never done this before .... just wondering what others thoughts are as the cost would be more in line with our original budget

What thoughts are you looking for? If it's in your budget then do it, you'll get an ocean view cabin, you won't know where it is until you board/maybe a few weeks before but as long as you are okay with that then do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are at a bad time in terms of cost for an August sailing - either change to later, like September or wait till after final payment (around May) to see if you can snag a bargain. If you do want to book now and the Y rate is within your budget, go for it.Look up all the available OV cabins on the RCI UK site and ensure that you'd be OK with an assignment with any of them.

We did guarantee and it bumped us up 2 grades for the same price (you may get the base too, as long as you don't mind the gamble). We also got our cabin assignment within 1 week of booking. We think it's very worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A guy is a great way to save some money, and there's always a possibility (although rare) that you will get more than you pay for! When you do a gty booking, you need to be ok with anywhere on the ship,. If you are particular about your location, then don't do a gty if you will be unhappy with some locations.