Viking Homeland - Star - sailing May 6, 2017 newbie questions....

Cathy924

Sailing on the Star May 6, 2017 Homeland Tour - first experience with Viking. Do the cabins have electrical outlets for charging, etc. or do we need European converters? How many outlets? If WiFi available on and off ship, is it best to ask current carrier (Verizon) for options or purchase an overseas cell program or ? Appears some of the excursions we were interested in are sold out - is it possible to just go directly to an excursion site and bypass signing up through Viking? I can't imagine these tour places don't have non-Viking tourists - has anyone with Viking tour experience done this? Work out ok? I realize these are basic questions but this is how first timers learn! Thanks in advance for any help you seasoned people can provide - appreciate it.

Also suggest you visit the Ports of Call board here for Northern Europe/Baltic. Also, recommend you get a copy of Rick Steves' Northern European Cruise Ports and see what you may be able to arrange on your own. EM

Viking is the best (so far for us) regarding electrical outlets, plenty of them all US standard. WiFi is free! I would look at Viator sites for booking excursions, we booked through them in Bergen and Oslo. Their ratings are trustworthy!

We love Viking ocean! Enjoy