Now use obc pre-cruise

I just went to purchase a Deluxe drink package and it gave me the option to use all or part of my OBC. So now you can use OBC for purchases made in your cruise planner. Pretty cool!!!!

Oasis class ship?

There is already a current thread on this, and I think that all reports are for Oasis class voyages.

I just went to purchase a Deluxe drink package and it gave me the option to use all or part of my OBC. So now you can use OBC for purchases made in your cruise planner. Pretty cool!!!!

That is great news. I will keep an eye on my various cruises to see if any of them offer this benefit.

Oasis class ship?

There is already a current thread on this, and I think that all reports are for Oasis class voyages.

Is it for Oasis-class only? Test phase?

Smart of them to allow this pre-cruise. A lot of people use OBC to offset gratuity. If they use OBC pre-cruise to buy things that have a lower value than 1:1 and pay out of pocket things that directly pay into a bucket, such as gratuity, the cruise line is ahead.

Is it for Oasis-class only? Test phase?

Smart of them to allow this pre-cruise. A lot of people use OBC to offset gratuity. If they use OBC pre-cruise to buy things that have a lower value than 1:1 and pay out of pocket things that directly pay into a bucket, such as gratuity, the cruise line is ahead.

Check your logic???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check your logic???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By using OBC pre-cruise to buy things that do not cost RCI full face value, the guest is then paying gratuity out of pocket, something RCI has to account for at full face value. This is a very smart move by RCI. It also has many benefits for guests who can now book dining, excursions, etc. that they are worried may fill up, not get preferred time, etc. OBC usually does not cost the cruise line 1:1 if used on liquor, excursions, or dining, but it does cost them 1:1 if used on gratuity. Hopefully that explanation is a bit more clear.

I get it. If you can book $$$ things pre-cruise that may not be available once on-board (dining), then you are spending more $$$ in the end than you might if you can't spend it on-board. This only makes sense if people who get bumped out of dining slots by the cruise planner types have no OBC to spend in the first place. Clever if it works.

I was very surprised to see the credit appear - 8 months out and applied the $75 to a beverage package. Question: we got some OBC from the TA that some of which might have been a pass through from RCI ... was the $75 part of that or is it in addition to that?

Only our RCCL OBC showed, not what our TA is giving us. I recall many cruises ago that the TA OBC won't show up until after we sail as if we cancel it's harder for them to recover it.

I get it. If you can book $$$ things pre-cruise that may not be available once on-board (dining), then you are spending more $$$ in the end than you might if you can't spend it on-board. This only makes sense if people who get bumped out of dining slots by the cruise planner types have no OBC to spend in the first place. Clever if it works.

Differently stated but similar concept I was getting at.

It's spreading, it's spreading, it's spreading!

My 6 upcoming Radiance cruises are all offering me the opportunity to use my OBC to book something now!

This has been asked several times: The only OBC showing available is the RC OBC. (NOT my RC Visa OBC)

It's spreading, it's spreading, it's spreading!

My 6 upcoming Radiance cruises are all offering me the opportunity to use my OBC to book something now!

This has been asked several times: The only OBC showing available is the RC OBC. (NOT my RC Visa OBC)

Carol, other people have reported Visa points OBC showing up to use pre-cruise.

I was talking to Celebrity today and they have rolled this out to some Reflection sailings, and will have it out there soon to all ships. This is great because they often give a LOT of OBC.

Where has it been posted that they are doing this with RC Visa points, Bob? I can't even imagine then wanting to go there!!!