Harmony only has 59% customer satisfaction?

I was reading reviews on Cruisecritic & I noticed Harmony only has a 59% rating while Oasis & Allure have 76 & 78%. Does anyone know why this would be, seeing as though they're very similar? I've been on Oasis & Allure and liked both of them very much and was thinking of booking Harmony next but it makes me a little hesitant as to why the rating would be so much lower. Thoughts?

Harmony should be even lower.

The ship has been in service for about 1 year.....how much longer does the ship need to improve?:o

She's been in service 10 months and it will take much longer than that to see the numbers improve considerably. How much longer specifically will depend on the number of negative reviews that were written early on. The approval percentage is an average number, so even if the ship started getting consistently perfect reviews, it would show a mediocre percentage because it's still including the older, negative reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After sailing on Allure and Harmony, I second the first posts... They quality and appearance of Harmony's structure doesn't look as good as it is on Allure.

Regarding service, our cabin attendant on Harmony has been the BEST for any cruise (greetings to my friend Roderico from the Philippines BTW!), but the MDR service not that good, nor the food. With exception of the specialty restaurants, which are excellent. But I believe this is happening fleet wide. This constant costs reductions are making the cruise experience less glamours year after year.

Totally disagree

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52067987&highlight=solarium#post52067987

MAJOR design flaw. Any poor weather or wind, you may as well just be out on the helipad being blown around. After all, you're at the same front of the ship as the helipad with little protection from winds.Compared to all ships with a true covered Solarium.... Vision, Radiance. and Quantum Classes + Oasis/Allure... I rank Harmony as the very worst of them all. Now add no pool.

Hoopster95,

Have you sailed on this ship? If not, how can you submit your review?

Thanks and Happy Sailing

Totally disagree

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52067987&highlight=solarium#post52067987

MAJOR design flaw. Any poor weather or wind, you may as well just be out on the helipad being blown around. After all, you're at the same front of the ship as the helipad with little protection from winds.Compared to all ships with a true covered Solarium.... Vision, Radiance. and Quantum Classes + Oasis/Allure... I rank Harmony as the very worst of them all. Now add no pool.

I can only speak for the cruise we took on Harmony and we had magnificent weather. The solarium felt like a nice design with open panels the let the hot air out....I did not notice if the panels had the ability to close in the event of extreme winds.....but we were cruising along at stiff speeds and the winds that came into the solarium from the open panels did not make it uncomfortable. There also was plenty of areas that seemed much more enclosed.

When someone uses the phrase 'a true covered Solarium' as you have done, I have to say that not everyone wants to feel like they are in a hothouse. At least this person would not want it.

Hoopster95Have you sailed on this ship?

Thanks and Happy Sailing

????? :confused:

Click the link I provided to see the extensive Harmony review I provided for the Jan 7 sailing or simply expand my signature below to see what ships I've on and when

I've been following the reviews on Harmony since day one....we sail on her next month. We are fairly easy going....anticipate some things may not go smoothly....let's have a good time kinda people. Some of the negative reviews and scores are so nitpicky....little things....first timers learning what they don't like or if cruises are for them. I've rolled my eyes so many times reading the reviews......thinking you've got to be kidding me.... I take them with a grain of salt. A lot people still having a great time on her. If I didn't read about the good so often, I would be concerned. I'm not concerned at all....

I've been following the reviews on Harmony since day one....we sail on her next month. We are fairly easy going....anticipate some things may not go smoothly....let's have a good time kinda people. Some of the negative reviews and scores are so nitpicky....little things....first timers learning what they don't like or if cruises are for them. I've rolled my eyes so many times reading the reviews......thinking you've got to be kidding me.... I take them with a grain of salt. A lot people still having a great time on her. If I didn't read about the good so often, I would be concerned. I'm not concerned at all....

We had a fabulous time on Harmony....so go and enjoy.

Good attitude. I'm guessing you'll have a great time. Happy sailing.

I think I'm in the minority here but I don't care for the Oasis class solarium at all. I like to sunbathe and get tan and I couldn't do that in there with the glass enclosure. It was also incredibly hot in there. I thought the pool was tiny. Don't get me wrong, I loved Allure, but spent no time in the solarium. I'm looking forward to Freedom next year for the open solarium pool.

Allure of the Seas February 2017

Freedom of the Seas February 2018

Harmony of the Seas February 2019

Hoopster95,

Have you sailed on this ship? If not, how can you submit your review?

Thanks and Happy Sailing

I agree, we were in there every day on Allure and it was just a little breezy most days and it was blowin like crazy when we left Nassau, didn't feel it in Solarium. It was hot on still days, but since we had the pool we could cool off.

We previously had sailed on Allure and even though it had a pool in the solarium, it was broiling hot, because they did not have 'open' glass slats to let the heat out in the solarium.

The overall design of the solarium on Harmony is much better, but lacking a cool water pool, it misses the mark for me.

Water misters are nice if you are 4 years old and like to run through the sprinkler back home on a hot day....NOT me.

Paulette, Allure has had open glass slats from the beginning:confused:

2jab4hg.jpg

Correct there is only one additional restaurant (Wonderland) , but Harmony does have Jamies in place of Giovonni's (and a better version of Wipe out cafe (Mini Bites). We enjoy the new experiences - good or not so good.

I fully agree the MiniBite cafe on the pool deck on Harmony is so so much better than Wipe Out cafe which we had on Allure.