Which way would you drink?

dad son team

They will shut you off at 15 alcoholic drinks and no you cannot purchase anymore after that.

The case of water and room service drinks are not included, but you can get the larger bottles of water from the bars which are included.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not buy the cheers package on Carnival because we do not drink enough of any of the beverages included to make it worth the price. We may drink 1 drink per day that is included in the package. Since break even is about 6 drinks I can't see us increasing by 5 per day to make it worth it. DH might be able to do it but there is no way I would be able to. We did get the UBP promo on NCL for our next cruise since the break even is about 1 drink per day when you pay the mandatory gratuity. That we can do easily and not worry about drinking enough to break even.

Reading all these comments and I am still at a loss of wether to purchase Cheers or not.

I'm younger and yes I can drink more than 15 a day everyday (don't judge). I don't mind drinking a few by the pool and getting some sun then drinks at dinner and drinks during evening entertainment. My BF and I like to dance as well and of course have more beverages. So, do they shut you off after the 15 drink a day or can you pay for drinks if you hit the limit? If we ordered a case of water for our room is this included in the Cheers program? Or any drinks we may order for room service? I'm just trying to get a better idea if it is worth the $ for us. Cruising in 9 days and our first cruise [emoji924]

Don't feel like you must drink 15 drinks a day... 5-6 alcoholic cocktails a day is the break even point as an average, so 15 drinks on 2 sea days plus 2-3 drinks a day the rest of the trip is more than enough. And that's not even including non alcoholic drinks.

If you are worried about hitting ur 15 drink limit (and remember that's only alcoholic drinks, coffees, waters, soda etc r unlimited) you can always buy a bucket of beer or bottle of wine along the way (not covered). Mini bar and room service isn't covered but people have mentioned that they will stop by bars on their way to the room and grab a bottle of water or a beer and request it not be opened to stockpile a few drinks for the room.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was just going to compare to see what my savings is, or what it could be if I bought Cheers. I just wasn't sure which way I wanted to do it. I'm usually one of those on the edge people. I think I'll probably go with Cheers and just mentally note how many drinks I would have bought if I were paying a la carte to see how they compare for me. I know with the package I will get my 5-6 a day average.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

You didn't answer my question, though, and I'm still really curious. How does the other person in your room feel about it? If he or she is over 21, they will have to get Cheers as well. So it's not just about whether it's worth it for you, it's whether it will be worth it for them, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Don't feel like you must drink 15 drinks a day... 5-6 alcoholic cocktails a day is the break even point as an average, so 15 drinks on 2 sea days plus 2-3 drinks a day the rest of the trip is more than enough. And that's not even including non alcoholic drinks.

If you are worried about hitting ur 15 drink limit (and remember that's only alcoholic drinks, coffees, waters, soda etc r unlimited) you can always buy a bucket of beer or bottle of wine along the way (not covered). Mini bar and room service isn't covered but people have mentioned that they will stop by bars on their way to the room and grab a bottle of water or a beer and request it not be opened to stockpile a few drinks for the room.

This sounds horrible but I'm actually thinking we may partake in more than 15 drinks a day at least once.

So we can get a bucket of beer for the pool side or our stateroom and this has nothing to do with Cheers and if we have already had the 15 drinks for the day?

This sounds horrible but I'm actually thinking we may partake in more than 15 drinks a day at least once.

So we can get a bucket of beer for the pool side or our stateroom and this has nothing to do with Cheers and if we have already had the 15 drinks for the day?

Once you've had your 15 they will not sell you any more alcohol. Now if it's before you hit your 15 that's a different story. You can purchase a bucket of beer or bottles of wine.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

You will be cut off on ur 15th drink... but prior to ur 15th drink u can purchase things outside the package or purchase a round outside the package. I've heard that a friendly and tipped bartender might be nice enough to tell u when u ordered ur 14th drink on the package so u can start paying for them.

You didn't answer my question, though, and I'm still really curious. How does the other person in your room feel about it? If he or she is over 21, they will have to get Cheers as well. So it's not just about whether it's worth it for you, it's whether it will be worth it for them, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My roomie is my DS19 so I do not have to buy for him, just me.

When there is an Alchemy Bar we have discovered we prefer to have Cheers. We love their drinks and the freedom to be able to try various drinks wo worrying about tab makes it that much more fun. It also allowed us last time to talk with the bartenders, let them tell us some of their favorite combos (or combos they wanted to try) and give them free reign to create new drinks for us to sample. We had so much fun!

Now with the addition of the unlimited non-alcohol across the board makes it even better (so looking forward this cruise to being able to get specialty coffees instead of standard coffee and my much missed cappuccino after dinner). If we did not have the Cheers package we would not spend that amount of money a la carte simply because we do play it safe and watch our bar tab, but having it (and being able to have it pre-paid) gives us additional freedom.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was just going to compare to see what my savings is, or what it could be if I bought Cheers. I just wasn't sure which way I wanted to do it. I'm usually one of those on the edge people. I think I'll probably go with Cheers and just mentally note how many drinks I would have bought if I were paying a la carte to see how they compare for me. I know with the package I will get my 5-6 a day average.

I say get it. Enjoy it. Try some drinks you normally wouldn't have had you been paying per drink.

Oops, my quoting didn't work. This was in response to 'mabones' and 'dad son team':

Yes, I travel as the sole adult with my two young children. If I get CHEERS then they must both get the soda package. Soda package isn't expensive though.

Oops, my quoting didn't work. This was in response to 'mabones' and 'dad son team':

Yes, I travel as the sole adult with my two young children. If I get CHEERS then they must both get the soda package. Soda package isn't expensive though.

Really? So if I am travelling with my 6 year old grandson and I buy Cheers,I have to get him the bottomless bubbles package? That doesn't seem right,he is not even allowed to drink soda. How much is the bottomless bubbles package?

Laura

Really? So if I am travelling with my 6 year old grandson and I buy Cheers,I have to get him the bottomless bubbles package? That doesn't seem right,he is not even allowed to drink soda. How much is the bottomless bubbles package?

Laura

You don't have to - only where it's a group cruise booked and the whole group decides to prebook cheers through the group planner at Carnival do you have to purchase the bottomless bubbles for minors (i.e. where cheers is replacing the previous group perk of the unlimited alcohol card).

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers%21-beverage-program

if you're not part of a group, minors do not have to purchase the bottomless bubbles.

Laura

No - Only adults 21 and up are forced to purchase the Cheers package - Children are not required to get the bubbles packages because their adults got the Cheers

Dumb question...does the water, coffee, softdrinks, etc go against the 15 you are allowed for each day?

Hi there

I have a hard time understanding why it is so hard for people to decide if they would benefit from purchasing the Cheers package.

You just have to ask yourself, do I like drinking, every day? Has my bar tab come out to that $300 mark? Now you get the extras, coffee, pop, water. If so, go for it. If you are happy enough having just a couple of drinks once in a while, not necessarily every day, then the package isn't for you.

For the OP...I would suggest that since you aren't sure, pay for your drinks as you go then you will know for the next time. There is no point being in a position where you feel you need to drink more because you want to justify what you have already paid. If you don't have an extra drink, whether it is because you don't want to spend the money or a realization that you don't need it, is a good thing. Some people don't have that sort of awareness.

have a great cruise

That was my plan anyway. A 19 he has to drink something. It's only $52 for the week anyway so that's a good deal and includes juice. He is bummed that he can't drink on this cruise. Last year we were on NCL and he was allowed to buy beer and he can't on this one. Haha

Babe and I will probably never purchase cheers. I really wish we could but we cannot justify spending $804 extra on the cruise package. One day when I'm retired in 25 years. >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my plan anyway. A 19 he has to drink something. It's only $52 for the week anyway so that's a good deal and includes juice. He is bummed that he can't drink on this cruise. Last year we were on NCL and he was allowed to buy beer and he can't on this one. Haha

Not on the ship but maybe in some ports. And sometimes it's better beer!

sent from my galaxy tab a

Babe and I will probably never purchase cheers. I really wish we could but we cannot justify spending $804 extra on the cruise package. One day when I'm retired in 25 years. >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But are you sure you won't spend even more? It's very easy to get through the 5-6 drinks per day (not just booze, that's any paid-for drink) that puts you over that line.

Now that the packages include specialty coffees, milkshakes, energy drinks, sodas,water, etc it might be a better value for you. I don't drink 15 drinks per day but, with the other items, it is worth it to me.

Like button for this.

I doubt I would ever be able to remain conscious if I had to drink 15 alcoholic drinks a day, but add the coffee and milkshakes and a premium Alchemy drinks, a craft beer or 2 and maybe a single malt nightcap and I'm probably pretty close to breakeven. My problem with Cheers is that DW would also have to participate and 2 coffees and a half glass of wine or a froo-froo DOD and she's "maxed" out.