Ultimate Abyss on Harmony

Thank you for that. I am very claustrophobic.

I was wondering if the Abyss would be scary for me being claustrophobic.

I saw someone wrote that you can't wear glasses?

Even my regular prescription glasses?

They are VERY strict, which I can understand for safety reasons but I didn't like the fact that they didn't let me wear my GoPro down the slide, despite having a head strap. The person at the line said I couldn't bring it down, which I doubted having seen YouTube videos. So I asked the same question to the person at the top, who said that they either had to have a chest or shoulder strap, or kept in the pocket- don't really see what the difference is, unless they're worried about it flying off my head or something which I guess makes sense. I kindly asked, not using these exact words but implying the question, "Well if I have to keep it in my pocket, what's the point of recording if you can't see anything?" I had briefly considered, in the back of my head, keeping it in my pocket at the start and quickly whipping it out and recording once I got going, but figured that would take half the duration of the ride to do and in addition to being potentially dangerous, would also prevent me from enjoying the ride in real time. So I just decided that it wasn't a big deal, and even though I would have liked to record, figured it is what it is and that the pictures my family took of me coming out at the bottom would be enough proof that I did it for my friends back home who I had expressed my fears to before the cruise [emoji38] if you have contacts you should be good, otherwise I'm sure they would gladly hold any items for you at the top if they're anything like waterparks I've been to. Happy sailing, and feel free to ask any other questions you have!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

If you have a ball cap on they ask you to put it in your t-shirt, mainly when sliding down you want to keep in mind to keep your elbows in towards your body. If they drift outwards good possibly they will get burned. Also with the water slides it is best not to have on any t-shirts or extra clothing creating a drag and occasionally can come to a stop in the slide.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

If you have a ball cap on they ask you to put it in your t-shirt, mainly when sliding down you want to keep in mind to keep your elbows in towards your body. If they drift outwards good possibly they will get burned. Also with the water slides it is best not to have on any t-shirts or extra clothing creating a drag and occasionally can come to a stop in the slide.

That sounds correct. I remember being instructed to do that as well, and can't even imagine the pain that would come with scraping my elbows on that tube at such speed! Ouch! And yes, I agree with the waterslides as well. I did the toilet bowl and one of the dual racers- I meant to do other second racer slide later in the week, but never got around to it! Oh well, I don't imagine there's much of a difference. I remember them being extremely slow on the Liberty, and it took me a few days to figure out that laying flat on my back makes you go faster. I thought the dual racer slide on Harmony seemed a bit faster, almost as if they had acknowledged the speed issues on Liberty and rectified it on Harmony, but am still well aware that your position and attire can play a large role in your speed.

As far as items to bring down, while I think they can be strict, I understand that they are just looking out for our safety and despite having briefly considered sneaking my GoPro out down the Abyss (as mentioned above), don't think that's worth putting myself and/or my expensive camera in danger! Even if I don't agree with some of the rules, I plan to always follow them as it's the experience that means the most to me! And staying safe, of course- like I said, the feeling of my elbows rubbing along the slide as I go down sounds like a painful feeling and hopefully I never get to find out what that feels like. (Having felt that going down slides at the playground as a young child, and thought that was painful enough at a fraction of the speed!) I love the slides on Harmony, and look forward to seeing the ones on Symphony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I would say the slides are faster than on liberty and should also have more fall to them with harmony have a few more decks and in my opinion better water pressure. On liberty it is best to even arch your back up and try and cruise down on your heel of your foot can usually make the difference in winning the water slide competition.

Does the line get long?

I have heard people say that the line can be long. I did it right after boarding on the first day and there were only a couple of people ahead of me. I did it again the next day early in the day and walked up to the platform and went right down. :confused: It was during Valentines week, so the crowd was perhaps a bit older. Spring break and summer time could make for lines.

I also avoid (or hate) big drops, and I tried Ultimate Abyss on Harmony... It was completely "harmless", I didn't feel that horrible vacuum on my stomach when riding big roller coasters, but it's a FAST fall though. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it as I did. Go ahead, nothing to worry about.

That pretty much sums it up...enjoyed my multiple trips on Abyss a few months ago.